Wifi newbie - dynamode - 802.11g Wireless USB Dongle

Old August 8th 06, 08:01 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Wifi newbie - dynamode - 802.11g Wireless USB Dongle

It was only 12 from ebuyer .

The drivers where troublesome to install and the utility app doesnt work
as it doesnt bring up the config/option tabs like the screenshots in the
small printed manual .

What i need is some freeware apps that will let me use the ****er .

Dont intend to use it for actual internet use - just want to be nosey
and scan to see if any of the neighbours have a open connection etc .

I also have a old 98se pc and scan apps for that as well would be a
bonus .

A quick google search only really brought up crap or commercial apps .
Old August 8th 06, 08:24 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"Krustov" wrote in message
m...
It was only 12 from ebuyer .

snip

Just a thought. The drivers discs supplied usually have dozens of different
drivers on them. Make sure it really matches your device.
I've been caught out on it with both dynamode and safecom from ebuyer. Generally
I find if the reviews don't list install issues, then it's me, if they do, then
I start to crap myself!

Old August 8th 06, 09:16 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

uk.comp.home-networking

Tue, 08 Aug 2006 18:24:02 GMT

Just a thought. The drivers discs supplied usually have dozens of different
drivers on them. Make sure it really matches your device.
I've been caught out on it with both dynamode and safecom from ebuyer. Generally
I find if the reviews don't list install issues, then it's me, if they do, then
I start to crap myself!

It matched it up with the proper xp driver no problem when it done the
automatic search .

--
Encrypted email address
www.emailuser.co.uk/?name=KRUSTOV
Old August 8th 06, 10:52 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Krustov wrote in
m:

Dont intend to use it for actual internet use - just want to be
nosey and scan to see if any of the neighbours have a open
connection etc .

Yeah, right.
Old August 9th 06, 01:01 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

uk.comp.home-networking
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow
Tue, 08 Aug 2006 20:52:37 GMT

Dont intend to use it for actual internet use - just want to be
nosey and scan to see if any of the neighbours have a open
connection etc .

Yeah, right.

Are you judging others on what you yourself would do ? .

Old August 9th 06, 01:28 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Krustov wrote in news:MPG.1f43281884496526989d49
@news.newsreader.com:

uk.comp.home-networking
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow
Tue, 08 Aug 2006 20:52:37 GMT

Dont intend to use it for actual internet use - just want to be
nosey and scan to see if any of the neighbours have a open
connection etc .

Yeah, right.

Are you judging others on what you yourself would do ?

Irrelevant. *Your* stated intent is what is pertinent.
Old August 9th 06, 01:43 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

uk.comp.home-networking
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow
Tue, 08 Aug 2006 23:28:59 GMT

Dont intend to use it for actual internet use - just want to be
nosey and scan to see if any of the neighbours have a open
connection etc .

Yeah, right.

Are you judging others on what you yourself would do ?

Irrelevant. *Your* stated intent is what is pertinent.

Whatever .