Devil worship may explain this...I can't!

Old August 8th 06, 10:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Devil worship may explain this...I can't!

I have a simple LAN with three PCs.

One day I notice that PC 2 can sometimes access the network and
sometimes cannot. When it can, it an only connect to PC3

PC1 can see PC3, PC3 can see PC2.

I run the network wizard loads of times and check whatever I can find
to check. Loads of reboots just to be sure as when setting up the LAN
found that reboots "helped". Also repaired the LAN connection on all
PCs.

No firewalls active at all.

Nothing works and give up.

Next day wake up, fire up all PCs and find all works well without
changing a fooking thing, grrrrrrrrrr.

Did I worship the devil in my sleep or is there some other _rational_
explanation?

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old August 8th 06, 10:32 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

I spoke too soon...I was excited that PC2 actually showed up under
MSHOME, unfortunately, get 'network path not found', 'not accessible,
no permissions'.

I have to send stuff PC1 PC3 PC2, cannot do it directly.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old August 8th 06, 11:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Dr Teeth wrote:
I spoke too soon...I was excited that PC2 actually showed up under
MSHOME, unfortunately, get 'network path not found', 'not accessible,
no permissions'.

I have to send stuff PC1 PC3 PC2, cannot do it directly.

Is the registry key

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\restrict anonymous

set to 0 on all machines? Is the computer browser service running on
all machines, or just one? If XP Pro, do all machines have simple file
sharing enabled?

--
[ste]
Old August 9th 06, 03:33 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

In article , Dr Teeth
says...
I have a simple LAN with three PCs.

One day I notice that PC 2 can sometimes access the network and
sometimes cannot. When it can, it an only connect to PC3

PC1 can see PC3, PC3 can see PC2.

I run the network wizard loads of times and check whatever I can find
to check. Loads of reboots just to be sure as when setting up the LAN
found that reboots "helped". Also repaired the LAN connection on all
PCs.

No firewalls active at all.

Nothing works and give up.

Next day wake up, fire up all PCs and find all works well without
changing a fooking thing, grrrrrrrrrr.

Did I worship the devil in my sleep or is there some other _rational_
explanation?

Master Browser Elect process failing resulting in two computers trying
to be the master browser on the LAN. Disable the Computer Browser
service on PC2 and see if it solves it.

--
Conor

"No trilogy should have more than four books" - Arthur C. Clarke