Ok, here's what I am needing from VOIP

Old August 9th 06, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Ok, here's what I am needing from VOIP

Any help appreciated. (UK user)

I already have a sipgate accouont for my own personal use. The following is
what I am looking for, for my 15 year old Son.

I need the cheapest, most reliable, and user friendly service going.

The following things are needed;

Unlimited voice calls [to UK Landlines] for the least amount of £'s outlay.
(ESSENTIAL)
Voicemail (not essential but would be nice)
Call barring to mobiles (Free if possible)
Physical [sip type] phone can be used (via my network router)
Reliable, clear service.
No [hidden] catches.

I think that might be it.

Would appreciate other users experiences and tips on obtaining the above
requirements.

thank you.

Old August 9th 06, 03:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Any help appreciated. (UK user)

I already have a sipgate accouont for my own personal use. The following
is what I am looking for, for my 15 year old Son.

I need the cheapest, most reliable, and user friendly service going.

The following things are needed;

Unlimited voice calls [to UK Landlines] for the least amount of £'s
outlay. (ESSENTIAL)
Voicemail (not essential but would be nice)
Call barring to mobiles (Free if possible)
Physical [sip type] phone can be used (via my network router)
Reliable, clear service.
No [hidden] catches.

I think that might be it.

Would appreciate other users experiences and tips on obtaining the above
requirements.

thank you.

www.freetalk.co.uk has a few of the necessary features. I don't know about
mobile call baring though.

Old August 9th 06, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"^^artnada^^" wrote in message
Any help appreciated. (UK user)

I already have a sipgate accouont for my own personal use. The following
is what I am looking for, for my 15 year old Son.

I need the cheapest, most reliable, and user friendly service going.

The following things are needed;

Unlimited voice calls [to UK Landlines] for the least amount of £'s
outlay. (ESSENTIAL)
Voicemail (not essential but would be nice)
Call barring to mobiles (Free if possible)
Physical [sip type] phone can be used (via my network router)
Reliable, clear service.
No [hidden] catches.

I think that might be it.

Would appreciate other users experiences and tips on obtaining the above
requirements.

thank you.

I wouldn't use a SIP handset.

I would use an 2 port ATA connected to your router and a separate DECT
basestation connected to each port. One for you and one for him.
Tweak the dialplan on his port to bar chargable calls.

Advantages over sip phones
wireless
cheaper

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old August 9th 06, 05:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

¬Stephen Hammond wrote:
[...]

Now that looks quite good. £6.99 p/month for unlimited local/national calls.
[Subject to 60min max then reconnect]

Old August 9th 06, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 16:54:32 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
wrote:

¬Stephen Hammond wrote:
[...]

For £2/month you can have free off peak calls (up to 1 hour max per
call) with peak time calls at 2p/call. www.voip.co.uk
Above quote for £6.99/month is £4.99 more ...will you really make
499/2~= 250 calls at peak time? If not then voip.co.uk is better value
for money.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.