Call forward/divert from a BT line

Old August 9th 06, 01:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Call forward/divert from a BT line

I want to forward/divert my BT line to my sipgate number so if I stay at
friend's I can still answer my home phone. My questions a

1. Do I need an ATA with FXO port like the Grandstream 488 or SPA3000?

2. Do I need 2 sipgate numbers, "Sipgate no. A" at the home ATA that takes
the call from BT and forward to "Sipgate no. B" at the friend's house? Or
the ATA can forward the BT call to "Sipgate no. B" without involving
"Sipgate no. A".

3. Does sipgate allow call forward between their own network, "Sipgate no.
A" - "Sipgate no. B"? I know they've closed their network to other
providers recently.

Thx.

Old August 9th 06, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 2006-08-09, Turandot wrote:

I want to forward/divert my BT line to my sipgate number so if I stay at
friend's I can still answer my home phone. My questions a

You may want to consider diverting via a SIP provider to your friend's
phone instead of to the Sipgate number. Then you will have no need of a
SIP phone at your friend's.

1. Do I need an ATA with FXO port like the Grandstream 488 or SPA3000?

Yes.

2. Do I need 2 sipgate numbers, "Sipgate no. A" at the home ATA that
takes the call from BT and forward to "Sipgate no. B" at the friend's
house?

No.

Or the ATA can forward the BT call to "Sipgate no. B" without
involving "Sipgate no. A".

Just forward the call to your SIP-ID on a line registered with Sipgate.

3. Does sipgate allow call forward between their own network, "Sipgate
no. A" - "Sipgate no. B"? I know they've closed their network to
other providers recently.

There is nothing on their website indicating any call forwarding is
possible. Except to voicemail. But I am not clear on what you want here.

May I correct your final comment. Sipgate's network is closed not only
to providers of a commercial service but to everyone who is not a
customer.

Brian.
Old August 9th 06, 06:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

..

May I correct your final comment. Sipgate's network is closed not only
to providers of a commercial service but to everyone who is not a
customer.

So how do you phone inbound?

Brian.

Old August 9th 06, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 2006-08-09, Turandot wrote:

I want to forward/divert my BT line to my sipgate number so if I stay at
friend's I can still answer my home phone. My questions a

You may want to consider diverting via a SIP provider to your friend's
phone instead of to the Sipgate number. Then you will have no need of a
SIP phone at your friend's.

1. Do I need an ATA with FXO port like the Grandstream 488 or SPA3000?

Yes.

2. Do I need 2 sipgate numbers, "Sipgate no. A" at the home ATA that
takes the call from BT and forward to "Sipgate no. B" at the friend's
house?

No.

Although it would work well for the OP with 2 Sipgate IDs - the originating
CLI will be displayed at his friend's, assuming he has caller display active
on his PSTN

Or the ATA can forward the BT call to "Sipgate no. B" without
involving "Sipgate no. A".

Just forward the call to your SIP-ID on a line registered with Sipgate.

3. Does sipgate allow call forward between their own network, "Sipgate
no. A" - "Sipgate no. B"? I know they've closed their network to
other providers recently.

On the SPA3000 interface, you can "divert all calls" If Line 1 is set up for
Sipgate, entering the friend's Sipgate ID would alow all VoIP & PSTN calls
coming in to the SPA3000 to be forwarded to the friend's. FOC.

Old August 9th 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message

.

May I correct your final comment. Sipgate's network is closed not only
to providers of a commercial service but to everyone who is not a
customer.

So how do you phone inbound?

Brian.

Either using the PSTN number, or, from another Sipgate account, using the
Sipgate ID.

Old August 9th 06, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Jono" wrote in message
news

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message

.

May I correct your final comment. Sipgate's network is closed not only
to providers of a commercial service but to everyone who is not a
customer.

So how do you phone inbound?

Brian.

Either using the PSTN number, or, from another Sipgate account, using the
Sipgate ID.

I am clear now, thanks for all the help.

Old August 9th 06, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 2006-08-09, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

.

May I correct your final comment. Sipgate's network is closed not only
to providers of a commercial service but to everyone who is not a
customer.

So how do you phone inbound?

I should have been more precise and made it clear the recent changes
implemented by Sipgate relate to unauthenticted, incoming SIP calls. The
OP appeared to be aware of this so I was a little slack in expressing
myself.

Brian.