Gossiptel gone?

Old August 9th 06, 04:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Gossiptel gone?

My voip service with Gossiptel which has worked well for over twelve
months ceased without explanation 48 hours ago. The website
www.gossiptel.com is also down. Anyone know what has happened to
Gossiptel?

Old August 11th 06, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Mark wrote:
On 9 Aug 2006 08:16:51 -0700, "salinas" wrote:

My voip service with Gossiptel which has worked well for over twelve
months ceased without explanation 48 hours ago. The website
www.gossiptel.com is also down. Anyone know what has happened to
Gossiptel?

Website still down. How odd. (The domain registration is still
current.)

I think they probably have gone, can't imagine them having to many
customers with their offerings
Old August 11th 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Sean wrote:
Mark wrote:
On 9 Aug 2006 08:16:51 -0700, "salinas" wrote:

My voip service with Gossiptel which has worked well for over twelve
months ceased without explanation 48 hours ago. The website
www.gossiptel.com is also down. Anyone know what has happened to
Gossiptel?

Website still down. How odd. (The domain registration is still
current.)

I think they probably have gone, can't imagine them having to many
customers with their offerings

I've had very few problems with Gossiptel, but I had heard various
rumours that its future was uncertain. Various people who were
connected with it in the past have now gone and I wouldn't be surprised
if they did not return. Unfortunately for me they went down with about
80 of my unspent call credit and six months of call logs that I was
going to on bill to a client. In view of this if I dont get any refund
in the next week I'm going to start action in the small claims court as
Im pretty sure I can identify the remaining owners of the venture and
find somewhere to serve an action. Some might say that this is rather
a waste of time but I just dont think a company should be able to
behave like this. Tonight all efforts to dial out to the PSTN is met
with a recorded message that says that 'You are not authorised to call
out using the PSTN' - any suggestions of a good reliable alternative
provider in the UK?

Regards

Geoff.

Old August 11th 06, 10:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In message of Fri, 11 Aug 2006, writes
On 11 Aug 2006 13:11:08 -0700, wrote:

any suggestions of a good reliable alternative
provider in the UK?

voipfone.co.uk very reliable.

Also voip.co.uk
Old August 12th 06, 12:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In message of Fri, 11 Aug 2006, writes
On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:52:19 +0100, David Floyd
wrote:

In message of Fri, 11 Aug 2006, writes
On 11 Aug 2006 13:11:08 -0700, wrote:

any suggestions of a good reliable alternative
provider in the UK?
voipfone.co.uk very reliable.

Also voip.co.uk

Service reliable administrative side of voip.co uk isn't though .

I have had perfect service from admin.

The village idiot never gets perfect service from anyone!