uk electrical news group ?

Old August 9th 06, 10:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default uk electrical news group ?

Could anyone suggest a news group dealing with electrical problems
Blair

Old August 9th 06, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Blair" wrote in message
Could anyone suggest a news group dealing with electrical problems
Blair

uk.d-i-y is pretty good for that king of thing (I assume you are talking
about house electrics here?)

Old August 9th 06, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Thus spaketh Blair:
Could anyone suggest a news group dealing with electrical problems
Blair

free.uk.trade.electrical ?

free.uk.diy.home ?

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
Old August 10th 06, 12:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Blair:
Could anyone suggest a news group dealing with electrical problems
Blair

free.uk.trade.electrical ?

free.uk.diy.home ?

Better still, avoid the free.uk groups which aren't carried by many ISPs and
use uk.d-i-y.

Tim

Old August 10th 06, 12:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Tim Downie" wrote in
message

[snip]

Better still, avoid the free.uk groups which aren't
carried by many ISPs and use uk.d-i-y.

Nothing wrong with the free.uk groups. If your news server doesn't carry
the one you want, ask for it to be added. I've done this several times
with news.individual.net and each time the group was added within the
hour.

Ivor

Old August 10th 06, 02:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Blair wrote:
Could anyone suggest a news group dealing with electrical problems
Blair

My first guvnor told me that if you need to ask electrical installation
advice on a newsgroup, you don't know what you're doing and need to hire
someone who does before you bond your sink to the mains and kill yourself.

Quite prescient for 1985, really ;o)

Ian

Old August 10th 06, 09:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 23:44:34 +0100, Ivor Jones wrote:

Nothing wrong with the free.uk groups. If your news server doesn't carry
the one you want, ask for it to be added. I've done this several times
with news.individual.net and each time the group was added within the
hour.

That's odd, I subscribe to news.individual.net and I can't find any
'free.uk' groups listed.

--
Regards
Barry
Old August 10th 06, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 22:08:31 +0100, "Sparks"
wrote:

uk.d-i-y is pretty good for that king of thing (I assume you are talking
about house electrics here?)

I'd second that, they sorted out my RF noise suppression problem (with
the Central Heating) in pretty short order.

Old August 10th 06, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"BJH" wrote in message

That's odd, I subscribe to news.individual.net and I can't find any
'free.uk' groups listed.

So do i, and I can....