SPA-3102 setup

Old August 9th 06, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default SPA-3102 setup

I am rather confused about setting this thing up.

I got this instead of the 3000 as it was the same price though I do not
intend using the router at the moment.

Basically I cannot get any joy out of the local IP.

Using a phone I have set the Wan side to 10.27.27.110 and allowed remote
management.

That way I was able to get into the browser interface via the WAN port
at that address and set the LAN port to 10.27.27.111 and Network
services to Bridge (no router).

I can get at the browser interface using either the Internet or Ethernet
port at the WAN address but not the LAN address.

Pinging 10.27.27.111 fails.

The Ethernet light on the front only flashes when the cable is in the
Internet port and not in the Ethernet port.

What am I doing wrong?
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)
Old August 10th 06, 08:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Les Desser" wrote in message
I am rather confused about setting this thing up.

I got this instead of the 3000 as it was the same price though I do not
intend using the router at the moment.

Basically I cannot get any joy out of the local IP.

Using a phone I have set the Wan side to 10.27.27.110 and allowed remote
management.

That way I was able to get into the browser interface via the WAN port at
that address and set the LAN port to 10.27.27.111 and Network services to
Bridge (no router).

I can get at the browser interface using either the Internet or Ethernet
port at the WAN address but not the LAN address.

Pinging 10.27.27.111 fails.

The Ethernet light on the front only flashes when the cable is in the
Internet port and not in the Ethernet port.

What am I doing wrong?

Probably trying to match sockets labelled "WAN with WAN" & "LAN with LAN"

System reset the SPA (can't remember numbers to dial) then plug the ethernet
cable into your SPA's WAN socket. Plug the other end into your existing
router's LAN socket. Dial **** on the handset attached to line 1 and wait
for the prompt. Then dial 110# to learn the SPA's IP address which should've
been allocated by your existing router.

Old August 10th 06, 09:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In article , Jono
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 07:00:05 writes

"Les Desser" wrote in message
[...]

Correct. In the absence of any suitable documentation[*] that was my
best guess

System reset the SPA (can't remember numbers to dial)

877778

then plug the ethernet
cable into your SPA's WAN socket. Plug the other end into your existing
router's LAN socket. Dial **** on the handset attached to line 1 and wait
for the prompt. Then dial 110#

Done.

to learn the SPA's IP address which should've
been allocated by your existing router.

That bit worked - 10.27.27.204 issued by my existing router.

However, I cannot browse at that address as the default is not to enable
web-based utility.

So after entering 7932# 1 1 that now works.

However, the LAN IP is still set as 192.168.0.1

I presume I need to change that to my network. So going to the LAN
setup page I change

Network Service from NAT to Bridge
Enable DHCP Server from Yes to No
LAN IP from 192.168.0.1 to 10.27.27.111

Save settings.

What I now see is that on the LAN Setup page LAN IP Address is
10.27.27.111 however on the status page it is shown as 0.0.0.0.

I still cannot get in at 10.27.27.111. Does this matter? M
----------
[*] Why is it always that a trainee programmer writes the manual?
Old August 10th 06, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Les Desser wrote:
[snip]

However, the LAN IP is still set as 192.168.0.1

I presume I need to change that to my network. So going to the LAN
setup page I change

Network Service from NAT to Bridge
Enable DHCP Server from Yes to No
LAN IP from 192.168.0.1 to 10.27.27.111

Save settings.

What I now see is that on the LAN Setup page LAN IP Address is
10.27.27.111 however on the status page it is shown as 0.0.0.0.

I still cannot get in at 10.27.27.111. Does this matter? M
----------

[*] Why is it always that a trainee programmer writes the manual?

You don't need the LAN IP address. If you are using the 3102 with an
existing router just imagine the LAN port/address isn't there. Connect
the WAN port to the router as you have done, enable web management on
the WAN interface as you have done and that's it. You don't need the
NAT feature or DHCP server as your existing router is taking care of
this. The 3102 would provide these services to devices connected to the
LAN interface but you shouldn't have anything connected to it.

cheers,
Paul.
Old August 10th 06, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In article , paul hayes
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:27:47 writes

You don't need the LAN IP address.

Thanks - that puts my mind at rest.

Now I just have to get two of these to work together.

One is to be connected to a switchboard as an extension while the other
is to go abroad and is to be used initially with a simple phone but
later it will probably also be connected to a switchboard (not sure if
as a line or extension)

I have seen some notes from Provu but did not find them that clear.

Anyone have some simple instructions?

As at least one end is behind a NAT router (possibly both) would
forwarding ports 5060 and 5061 solve that? I do not want to use any
external SIP service.
Old August 11th 06, 11:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Les Desser wrote:
In article , paul hayes
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:27:47 writes

You don't need the LAN IP address.

Thanks - that puts my mind at rest.

Now I just have to get two of these to work together.

One is to be connected to a switchboard as an extension while the other
is to go abroad and is to be used initially with a simple phone but
later it will probably also be connected to a switchboard (not sure if
as a line or extension)

I have seen some notes from Provu but did not find them that clear.

Anyone have some simple instructions?

As at least one end is behind a NAT router (possibly both) would
forwarding ports 5060 and 5061 solve that? I do not want to use any
external SIP service.

Are you trying to setup long-line extensions? I.E. one SPA-2100
connected to the PBX ext. and another ATA somewhere out on the Internet?
I would either setup a VPN between the two or use an external SIP
service to provide NAT traversal. Opening up just ports 5060, 5061 wont
help as the audio in the calls can use a large range of ports.

As default this 16384-16482 on a Linksys ATA but you can reduce this
range. You need to leave the range at 4 ports for two phone calls.
Old August 11th 06, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In article , paul hayes
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:25:42 writes

Les Desser wrote:
In article , paul hayes
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:27:47 writes

Now I just have to get two of these to work together.
One is to be connected to a switchboard as an extension while the
other is to go abroad and is to be used initially with a simple phone
but later it will probably also be connected to a switchboard (not
sure if as a line or extension)
I have seen some notes from Provu but did not find them that clear.
Anyone have some simple instructions?
As at least one end is behind a NAT router (possibly both) would
forwarding ports 5060 and 5061 solve that? I do not want to use any
external SIP service.

Are you trying to setup long-line extensions? I.E. one SPA-2100
connected to the PBX ext. and another ATA somewhere out on the
Internet?

Yes, with a later try at maybe connecting the remote up to a switchboard

I would either setup a VPN between the two or use an external SIP
service to provide NAT traversal. Opening up just ports 5060, 5061
wont help as the audio in the calls can use a large range of ports.

As default this 16384-16482 on a Linksys ATA but you can reduce this
range.

I presume it is specified in the setup page somewhere.

You need to leave the range at 4 ports for two phone calls.

So opening these will work without a SIP service?