Nokia N80 - Anyone get it to work with VoIP

Old August 10th 06, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Nokia N80 - Anyone get it to work with VoIP

Anyone got a Nokia N80 working with VoIP, especially SIP?

Many thanks

--
GNUEMAIL(TM) Postmaster
postmasteratgnuemail.com

Old August 10th 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

GNUEMAIL Postmaster wrote:

Anyone got a Nokia N80 working with VoIP, especially SIP?

Yes. I've read some reports of people using it with Asterisk in their
LANs, and I got it to work behind NAT with a SER proxy on the Internet
as well. It's a bit tricky, though.

cheers
Heimo

--
You never ask questions when God's on your side.
Old August 11th 06, 10:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

GNUEMAIL(TM) Postmaster wrote:

Anyone got a Nokia N80 working with VoIP, especially SIP?

Yes. I've read some reports of people using it with Asterisk in their
LANs, and I got it to work behind NAT with a SER proxy on the Internet
as well. It's a bit tricky, though.

Could you let me have a 'howto', please?

Basically, it boils down to (a) use a (media/rtp)proxy as the N80
doesn't support STUN, and (b) don't authenticate BYEs.

cheers
Heimo

--
You never ask questions when God's on your side.