BT Home Hub...

Old August 11th 06, 07:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default BT Home Hub...

Hi, What do you get with the BT Home Hub?

I've just migrated from Pipex to BT Total Broadband Option 3 and due to go
live on the 17th August.

Thanks.

Old August 11th 06, 09:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Fatboy" wrote in message ...
Hi, What do you get with the BT Home Hub?

I've just migrated from Pipex to BT Total Broadband Option 3 and due to go
live on the 17th August.

Thanks.

Acres of small print, variable prices, exclusions, special terms and
"gotcha's". One can understand why you are unsure...

A sample from BT's web site

1.. Introductory price achieved via credit on your first bill (£48.24 for
Option 1, £24 for Option 2 and £12 for Option 3). 18 month term with Option
1, 12 month term with Options 2 and 3. Payment by Direct Debit required. New
customers only. BT Total Broadband is subject to availability and survey. BT
line or non-cable line required. Minimum Computer Specification applies.
Usage guidelines apply. Terms and conditions apply.
2.. Up to 8Mb download speeds. Up to 8Mb speed is subject to various
factors including local availability, distance from exchange and line test.
If your line won't support up to 8Mb, we'll offer the best speed available
on your line. Conditions apply.
3.. Opt-in required. Voucher will provide for all free minutes available
during the minimum term (4,500 or 3,000). Customers will be sent an email
directing them to a website. 250 minutes provided each month for 18 months
with Option 1 and 12 months with Option 2 and 3. Wireless-enabled laptop or
PDA with LAN capability required. Minutes can be used in range of hotspots
and wireless cities. Conditions apply.
4.. BT Broadband Talk is subject to status and requires opt-in. Refers to
Local and National calls made over your broadband connection between 6pm &
6am evenings and weekends. Excludes non-geographic calls (0845,0870),
premium rate numbers, information services, calls to mobile and the Channel
Islands. Other exclusions apply. Calls are charged at 3ppm after one hour.
Redial before one hour to avoid call charges. Broadband Talk is subject to
status. Certain call types are not guaranteed e.g. 999, 112 emergency calls.
Service restrictions apply. Service will fail if there is a power failure.
Abuse policy applies. Touchtone phone required.
5.. For new customers, £89.99 charge for BT Hub with options 1 if ordered
online or by telephone, when ordered at the point of sale. Free online or
£25 by telephone with option 2 and free with option 3, when ordered at the
point of sale. V220 or V210 free online, £25 with telephone orders, when
ordered at the point of sale for option 1 customers only. V2500 or V2091 £25
online, £50 with telephone orders, when ordered at point of sale for option
1 customers only.
Existing customers: If the hub is ordered at the time of upgrade/regrade,
the BT Hub is £89.99 if ordered online or by telephone with Option 1, it is
free with option 2 if ordered online or £25 by telephone, it is free with
option 3 if ordered online or by telephone. If you are an existing option 3
or 4 customer and you have upgraded to our new 8Mb service prior to launch
of BT Total Broadband then you get a FREE hub on option 3 and 4 via
telephone.
6.. Opt-in for BT Broadband calls required for options 1 & 2. BT Hub Phone
will be available to order now for delivery in August/September. New
customers: Free with Option 3, £49.99 for Options 1 and 2 when ordered at
point of sale. Price for existing customers is £49.99 when
upgrading/regrading or if existing customer opts in to the BT Total
Broadband calls package.
7.. BT Hub phone pictured with the Hub will be available to order in 8 -
10 weeks (£49.99).

And as you can see the first four have further conditions and / or policies
applied to them.

Old August 11th 06, 09:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Fatboy" wrote in message

Hi, What do you get with the BT Home Hub?

I've just migrated from Pipex to BT Total Broadband Option 3 and due to
go live on the 17th August.

Thanks.

Acres of small print, variable prices, exclusions, special terms and
"gotcha's". One can understand why you are unsure...

****witted top-posting corrected

Was that what I asked for?! NO, well sod off then

Actually it was what you asked for. If you want a more specific answer,
or one that suits what you want to hear, then ask specific questions, or
find the answer yourself, it's all there on the BT webpages ...... if
you can be bothered, or have the sense, to read and research a little
yourself.

As it happens, the answer you didn't want is absolutely correct. You,
however, appear to be a lazy, bottom-dwelling, top-posting ****wit who
orders a package of stuff without knowing what exactly is being ordered
and then moans when someone else points this out. Accept responsibility
for yourself.

Or did you have another question?

--
The Caretaker .........
Old August 11th 06, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Well then RTFWS!

http://www.homehub.bt.com/?showsub=b...&obsNoSee=true

however the prominently featured phone will not be provided for 8 - 10
weeks.

"Fatboy" wrote in message ...
Was that what I asked for?! NO, well sod off then

****hole - spouting **** and obviously very familiar with another of its
uses.

"Fatboy" wrote in message
Hi, What do you get with the BT Home Hub?

I've just migrated from Pipex to BT Total Broadband Option 3 and due to
go live on the 17th August.

Thanks.

Jumped the gun didn't you!

Old August 11th 06, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Well then RTFWS!

http://www.homehub.bt.com/?showsub=b...&obsNoSee=true

however the prominently featured phone will not be provided for 8 -
10 weeks.

To add insult to injury the phone which has been supplied to cover
this period is not fully compatable either, it being being of the
elcheapo dect cordless variety which for some reason reverts to
constant ringing when a call is received, doesn't do it all the time,
& you are unable to answer the call.

Yes I know it doesn't make sense but I've met up with a couple which
display the same problems. This can lead the user to receiving a
chargable visit when they report the problem as the banglaoids always
put it in as a line fault (so far they have anyway).

Old August 11th 06, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Fatboy" wrote in message ...
Hi, What do you get with the BT Home Hub?

I've just migrated from Pipex to BT Total Broadband Option 3 and due to go
live on the 17th August.

What I ment was do I get the phone that comes with the Hub?

Old August 11th 06, 12:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Fatboy" wrote in message
Hi, What do you get with the BT Home Hub?

I've just migrated from Pipex to BT Total Broadband Option 3 and due to
go live on the 17th August.

Thanks.

Acres of small print, variable prices, exclusions, special terms and
"gotcha's". One can understand why you are unsure...

A sample from BT's web site

much small print snipped

Indeed - I was toying with the idea of perhaps going back to BT (from
Plusnet) and did a bit of market research.
There appear to be no straightforward BT Broadband offerings nowadays
without being tied into special add-ons, wireless set ups, free calls,
etc.....
All I'm after is a simple, reliable Broadband/email/surfing service at a
reasonable cost with a sensible cap (unrestricted seems to be harder and
harder to find nowadays), good customer support and no LLU.
Waitrose looks good at the moment but I don't particularly like the idea of
having an email address that could infer that I'm a grocery employee!
;-)
George

Old August 11th 06, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Fatboy" wrote in message

"Fatboy" wrote in message
Hi, What do you get with the BT Home Hub?

I've just migrated from Pipex to BT Total Broadband Option 3 and due to
go live on the 17th August.

What I ment was do I get the phone that comes with the Hub?

If you had asked that question in the first place, you would have got some
helpful replies.
As it is, your abusive follow-up has probably alienated you to the majority
of the users of this newsgroup.
A "sorry" wouldn't have gone amiss either....

George

Old August 11th 06, 12:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"George Weston" wrote in message

"Fatboy" wrote in message

"Fatboy" wrote in message
Hi, What do you get with the BT Home Hub?

I've just migrated from Pipex to BT Total Broadband Option 3 and due to
go live on the 17th August.

What I ment was do I get the phone that comes with the Hub?

If you had asked that question in the first place, you would have got some
helpful replies.
As it is, your abusive follow-up has probably alienated you to the
majority of the users of this newsgroup.
A "sorry" wouldn't have gone amiss either....

George

Yes you do get a phone.
The problem is when you will get it at present a 6 to 8 weks delay is being
quoted by BT.
The hub though will work with virtually any phone