Mitel 3100 - Call Logging

Old August 11th 06, 09:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Mitel 3100 - Call Logging

Hello.

I have a friend who's company has just had a Mitel 3100 VOIP phone
system installed.

They would like to have some basic call logging reporting such as
"Date, Time, Extn, Number Called, Duration".

They have been told that this is a chargeable option? Is this correct?

Is there anyway they can export the data into something like Excel?

Many thanks.

Andrew.

Old August 11th 06, 10:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

wrote:

Hello.

I have a friend who's company has just had a Mitel 3100 VOIP phone
system installed.

They would like to have some basic call logging reporting such as
"Date, Time, Extn, Number Called, Duration".

Yep. The kind of basic stuff that seems to cost an eye watering amount of
money when buying a traditional phone system [the "tradition" being, wring
the customer dry].

They have been told that this is a chargeable option? Is this correct?

It's a proprietary phone system, so probably. I think "caveat emptor"
applies here. I would have hoped that your friend actually specced out the
phone system before ordering it. Having said that, if a phone system has a
web interface, it's not unreasonable to expect to be able to see your CDR
in it!

Is there anyway they can export the data into something like Excel?

I know on 3300s a lot of the data from the web interface can be exported as
CSVs, so possibly. However, when I was looking for CDR in the web interface
of our old 3300, it wasn't to be found. The training manual I've got
doesn't mention it either. Perhaps the 3100 is different? In case you're
wondering, our "old" 3300 is "old" because we replaced it with Asterisk for
the reasons you mention.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
22:20:29 up 18 days, 3:42, 3 users, load average: 0.04, 0.20, 0.99