Orange LLU Fiasco

Old August 11th 06, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Orange LLU Fiasco

I 'upgraded' one of my friends to Orange LLU Broadband on the 6th of May,
the line has not yet been activated, this is over *3 months* of waiting!

An official complaint was sent to Orange and then forwarded to the ISPA,
Orange must now phone each day with an update, although this does not really
solve the problem. I highlighted the problem on the
http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk forum and 'K' the administrator has managed
to contact journalists and an article has been published on The Register
regarding Orange LLU connections:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08...e_bb_stranded/

My advice is to use http://www.samknows.com/broadband/phoneno.php to find
out which exchange you are on and if it says 'Wanadoo enabled' avoid Orange
[previously Wanadoo] LLU broadband like the plague!

Old August 11th 06, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Pod" wrote in message
I 'upgraded' one of my friends to Orange LLU Broadband on the 6th of May,
the line has not yet been activated, this is over *3 months* of waiting!

An official complaint was sent to Orange and then forwarded to the ISPA,
Orange must now phone each day with an update, although this does not
really solve the problem. I highlighted the problem on the
http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk forum and 'K' the administrator has
managed to contact journalists and an article has been published on The
Register regarding Orange LLU connections:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08...e_bb_stranded/

My advice is to use http://www.samknows.com/broadband/phoneno.php to find
out which exchange you are on and if it says 'Wanadoo enabled' avoid
Orange [previously Wanadoo] LLU broadband like the plague!

Pretty darned similar to that being experienced by Plusnet customers who are
also having problems after being transferred to Tiscali LLU.
It would appear that LLU and BT Max are fraught with problems at the moment,
and ISPs who are utilising either or both of those options are bearing the
brunt of the service issues being experienced by their customers.
Of course it's tempting to want a faster service but when that service is
flaky, to say the least, I think it's wise to stay on good ol' IPstream if
you can for the time being.
(By the way, Plusnet have temporarily suspended transfers to BTMax and
Tiscali LLU because of the problems being experienced by customers being
transferred to those services.)
I'm not a technical bod but empirical evidence is leading me to believe that
trying to squeeze more speed out of the BT copper local loop than it can
comfortably handle is pushing things too far.
Wouldn't it be nice if cable was available everywhere! (Mind you, what with
NTL's alleged poor customer service, there appears to be a problem even with
that!)

George
(sitting here with a rock-steady 512K IPStream Plusnet service and
sympathising with all of you that are caught up in this shambles)

Old August 11th 06, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In message , Pod
writes
I 'upgraded' one of my friends to Orange LLU Broadband on the 6th of May,
the line has not yet been activated, this is over *3 months* of waiting!

The same old advice follows, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Pay nothing,
expect nothing.
--
Clint Sharp
Old August 11th 06, 08:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"George Weston" wrote in message

Wouldn't it be nice if cable was available everywhere! (Mind you, what
with NTL's alleged poor customer service, there appears to be a problem
even with that!)

to be fair to NTL, I don't think their CS is any worse than most ISP's. I've
just been upgraded (July) from a rock solid 2yr old 2meg connection, to a
rock solid 4 meg one. I've done ADSL (BT Openworld at 50/month, and Bulldog
LLU 8 meg ) and I reckon that pound for pound cable beats it, at least for
me anyway ;-)

P.

Old August 13th 06, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Pod wrote:
I 'upgraded' one of my friends to Orange LLU Broadband on the 6th of May,
the line has not yet been activated, this is over *3 months* of waiting!

An official complaint was sent to Orange and then forwarded to the ISPA,
Orange must now phone each day with an update, although this does not really
solve the problem. I highlighted the problem on the
http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk forum and 'K' the administrator has managed
to contact journalists and an article has been published on The Register
regarding Orange LLU connections:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08...e_bb_stranded/

My advice is to use http://www.samknows.com/broadband/phoneno.php to find
out which exchange you are on and if it says 'Wanadoo enabled' avoid Orange
[previously Wanadoo] LLU broadband like the plague!

Orange is a lemon then. I just picked up a CD from somewhere yesterday
and was about to peruse its contents. Now I know it's Wanadoo I
wannadon't do dat.

There aught to be a clause telling us just exactly who a company is in
bed with so we don't all get a pox.