Orbtalk with Astrisk problems

Old August 12th 06, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Orbtalk with Astrisk problems

Hi All,

I'm having problems setting up asterik (via FreePBX) to use Orbtalk as
a trunk. I've got multiple trunks to other providers, without any
problems, but I can't seem to nail the settings for Orbtalk.

Do orbtalk require any special settings that people like Voipcheap and
Voipfone wouldn't require?

All suggestions appreciated..

Cheers!

-John McGarrigle

Old August 12th 06, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

John McGarrigle wrote:
Hi All,

I'm having problems setting up asterik (via FreePBX) to use Orbtalk as
a trunk. I've got multiple trunks to other providers, without any
problems, but I can't seem to nail the settings for Orbtalk.

Do orbtalk require any special settings that people like Voipcheap and
Voipfone wouldn't require?

All suggestions appreciated..

Cheers!

-John McGarrigle

If you have a voiptalk.org trunk set up, try copying that - changing
username, password to your orbtalk details - and fromdomain &
userdomain=talk.orbtalk.co.uk. Don't forget to add the details to your
voiptalk context in extensions_custom.conf

Old August 12th 06, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

paul123 wrote:
John McGarrigle wrote:
Hi All,

I'm having problems setting up asterik (via FreePBX) to use Orbtalk as
a trunk. I've got multiple trunks to other providers, without any
problems, but I can't seem to nail the settings for Orbtalk.

Do orbtalk require any special settings that people like Voipcheap and
Voipfone wouldn't require?

All suggestions appreciated..

Cheers!

-John McGarrigle

If you have a voiptalk.org trunk set up, try copying that - changing
username, password to your orbtalk details - and fromdomain &
userdomain=talk.orbtalk.co.uk. Don't forget to add the details to your
voiptalk context in extensions_custom.conf

I don't have voiptalk.org setup...

The strange thing is, I have this in my SIP peers;

Host Username Refresh State

talk.orbtalk.co.uk:5060 716**** 105 Registered

Yet it's not working..

Old August 12th 06, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

John McGarrigle wrote:
paul123 wrote:
John McGarrigle wrote:
[...]

Here are my settings (3 parts):

-------------------------------------
1) SIP trunk:

Outgoing settings
Trunk name: orbtalk

PEER details
allow=ulaw
authuser=716XXXX
canreinvite=no
context=custom-orbtalk
defaultexpirey=160
disallow=all
dtmfmode=info
fromdomain=talk.orbtalk.co.uk
fromuser=716XXXX
host=talk.orbtalk.co.uk
insecure=very
maxexpirey=180
nat=yes
secret=PASSWORD
type=friend
username=716XXXX

Incoming settings: blank

/716XXXX

2) In Inbound routing, add a DID for your ID number - 716XXXX

3) In Config edit- extensions_custom.conf
add the context mentioned in the trunk - e.g.

[custom-orbtalk]
exten = 716XXXX,1,Goto(ext-did,716XXXX,1)
exten = 716XXXX,2,Voicemail,u200

And then test and keep yer fingers crossed

Old August 12th 06, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thanks paul, outbound is now working perfectly...

What is the purpose of those two lines added to custom extensions?
Sorry, i'm fairly new to asterisk!

Cheers.

-John

Old August 13th 06, 10:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

It happens that John McGarrigle formulated :
Thanks paul, outbound is now working perfectly...

What is the purpose of those two lines added to custom extensions?
Sorry, i'm fairly new to asterisk!

Cheers.

-John

They force the inbound route to be treated as a DID.

In the PEER details, you can see the context as "context=custom-orbtalk
" which ties in with the entries you're asking about.

You could leave the second line out & allow your normal routing to deal
with voicemail.

We have assumed you're using a version such as [email protected] or
Trixbox, or at least you've installed FreePBX

.......here's something though, I had to take this approach with
voiptalk trunks, not orbtalk.

This is my PEER for orbtalk:

authuser=1234567
canreinvite=no
context=from-pstn
fromdomain=talk.orbtalk.co.uk
fromuser=1234567
host=talk.orbtalk.co.uk
insecure=very
secret=123fW123
type=peer
username=1234567

===================

my register string:

/1234567

===================

and my sip.conf:

[general]

port = 5060 ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
;context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this context
context = from-trunk ; exactly the same as from-pstn
;defaultexpirey = 600 ; include this only if necessary
;maxexpirey = 3600 ; include this only if necessary
progressinband = yes
dtmfmode=auto

callerid = Unknown
externip = my.public.IP.or.dyndns.hostname
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
nat=yes

#include sip_nat.conf
#include sip_custom.conf
#include sip_additional.conf

===================================

Set up Inbound route pointing to 1234567

==================================

Old August 13th 06, 11:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Jono wrote:
It happens that John McGarrigle formulated :
Thanks paul, outbound is now working perfectly...

What is the purpose of those two lines added to custom extensions?
Sorry, i'm fairly new to asterisk!

snip
You could leave the second line out & allow your normal routing to deal
with voicemail.

We have assumed you're using a version such as [email protected] or
Trixbox, or at least you've installed FreePBX

snip

Yeah, quite right Jono, the second line could really be omitted .

I've tidied up my extensions_custom.conf now