Do Not Hear Ringing Tone

Old August 12th 06, 11:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Do Not Hear Ringing Tone

When I call my Gradwell phone I cannot hear the ringing tone on the
speaker of the phone placing the call. It is just silence.
It does ring on the incoming phone and the call can be answered with
no problems.

Any ideas?

--
Thx.
PajaP
Old August 15th 06, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 22:21:52 +0100, PajaP
wrote:

When I call my Gradwell phone I cannot hear the ringing tone on the
speaker of the phone placing the call. It is just silence.
It does ring on the incoming phone and the call can be answered with
no problems.

Any ideas?

Does anyone else have any problems with Gradwell?
It now no longer rings my phone. Silent for calling phone, silent on
receiving phone.
Sipgate is working OK still.

I have emailed Gradwell and let them no it is now completely dead.
Previously to this I emailed them to say it was just silent for the
calling party . One of the questions they asked was did I port the
number to them. I did and as they arranged this they should know this
already. I had high hopes for Gradwell support but am having doubts
now!

--
Thx.
PajaP
Old August 16th 06, 08:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

wrote:

When I call my Gradwell phone I cannot hear the ringing tone on the
speaker of the phone placing the call. It is just silence.
It does ring on the incoming phone and the call can be answered with
no problems.

Any ideas?

Does anyone else have any problems with Gradwell?
It now no longer rings my phone. Silent for calling phone, silent on
receiving phone.
Sipgate is working OK still.

I have emailed Gradwell and let them no it is now completely dead.
Previously to this I emailed them to say it was just silent for the
calling party . One of the questions they asked was did I port the
number to them. I did and as they arranged this they should know this
already. I had high hopes for Gradwell support but am having doubts
now!

Odd to hear that, I've always found there support second to none. My
number (with them) is working fine, which to me implies it's one of
those annoying to find problems. All I can suggest is an email to them
asking what they've managed to find out wrt what the problem is.
Old August 16th 06, 11:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

wrote:

[...]

OK, many thanks.

I just tried again this morning and it is all working.
My mail server has just had a hard disk failure so I will have to
email them and let them know when this is back up and running.

Unless they are reading this?
If so thanks and I am happy for you to close the ticket.

--
Thx.
PajaP