Logmein & ZoneAlarm

Old August 13th 06, 12:31 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.homebuilt

Default Logmein & ZoneAlarm

Mental wrote:
Hi,
Sorry for the cross post, and slightly off topic, but does anyone use
Logmein with ZoneAlarm (under XP) on the destination / remote pc?

I'm currently using this service and I have found that if I try and open
the ZoneAlarm application window I lose control over the mouse &
keyboard on the remote pc. Logmein works fine with ZA running, it's
just that I can't seem to control the ZA control center window.

I've emailed Logmein, but they have not come back with a working answer
so far, and google hasn't returned anything useful. Just wondering on
the off chance whether anyone here uses Logmein & ZA and has / had the
same problem. Long shot I know.

If I have to ditch ZA and try another firewall, what's a good (ideally
free) one to use?

Agnitum 'Outpost' isn't bad.

WIMBORNE http://www.wessex-astro.org.uk/ Wessex Astro Society's Website
Dorset UK Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps