Logmein & ZoneAlarm

Old August 13th 06, 12:51 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.homebuilt

Default Logmein & ZoneAlarm

Hi,
Sorry for the cross post, and slightly off topic, but does anyone use
Logmein with ZoneAlarm (under XP) on the destination / remote pc?

I'm currently using this service and I have found that if I try and open
the ZoneAlarm application window I lose control over the mouse & keyboard
on the remote pc. Logmein works fine with ZA running, it's just that I
can't seem to control the ZA control center window.

I've emailed Logmein, but they have not come back with a working answer so
far, and google hasn't returned anything useful. Just wondering on the
off chance whether anyone here uses Logmein & ZA and has / had the same
problem. Long shot I know.

If I have to ditch ZA and try another firewall, what's a good (ideally
free) one to use?

Go to the logmein forums and do a search for ZoneAlarm - there's a posting
in there about how you change a setting in ZoneAlarm to allow full access to
the ZA program and all the vaious pop-ups that may come up while you're
viewing remotely. And of course, you need to put logmein into the list of
programs in ZA that can access the internet - and make sure you have ticked
the box so the box doesn't pop up and allow it all the time.