PSTN to Voip

Old August 13th 06, 01:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default PSTN to Voip

I'm trying to set the SPA 3000 so I can call in from my mobile number
and then receive a dial tone and dial out through Voip.

Unfortunately the SPA doesn't recognise my mobile number. If I leave
both PSTN Caller ID Pattern and PSTN Access List blank then it works
for any number but I want to restrict this just to my mobile.

Settings are as follows:

PSTN-To-Voip Gateway Setup: Yes
PSTN Caller Auth Method: Yes
PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: Yes
PSTN PIN Max Retry:
PSTN CID for Voip CID: Yes
PSTN CID Number Prefix:
PSTN Caller Default DP: 1
Off Hook while calling Voip: No
Line 1 signal hook flash to PSTN: Disabled
PSTN CID Name Prefix:
PSTN Caller ID Patter: (just enter my mobile number starting 07)
PSTN Access List: (just enter my mobile number starting 07)
PSTN Caller 1 PIN: 1234
PSTN Caller DP: 1

PSTN Answer Delay: 5
PSTN PIN Digit Timeout: 10

As for CID - I'm currently in the UK and it is set to (under Regional
Tab) ETSI FSK with PR (UK)

Caller ID FSK Standard is set to bell 2002

On info page, last PSTN caller comes up as , 07 (i.e. my mobile number)

Thanks

Old August 13th 06, 02:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Woggle" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

What firmware are you using?

From their FAQ: "NOTE: SPA-3000 only supports Bellcore Type I (On-Hook)
Caller ID." (which may only refer to the Access List & Pattern list)
http://www.sipura.com/support/spa300...ction_4.html#1

AFAIR, I had exactly the problem you describe & came to the conclusion that
it doesn't function on UK callerID

Old August 14th 06, 08:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thanks for the note -

I'm using Firmware software version 3.1.10 (Gwd) and hardware version
2.0.1(9472)

So are you saying this doesn't work with UK Caller ID or is it that I
need to change -

PSTN Answer Delay to something like 16

and

PSTN Ring Thru Delay to something like 5

so the SPA recognises Caller ID??

(although that is based on US numbers).

If it will never recognise it, I guess the only way around it then
would be to leave it blank so that everyone gets the Voip line.

That is quite annoying given that I would want the answerphone to pick
up any messages and it wouldn't be able to under this way.

Mark

Jono wrote:
"Woggle" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

From their FAQ: "NOTE: SPA-3000 only supports Bellcore Type I (On-Hook)

Old August 14th 06, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Woggle pretended :
Thanks for the note -

I'm using Firmware software version 3.1.10 (Gwd) and hardware version
2.0.1(9472)

So are you saying this doesn't work with UK Caller ID or is it that I
need to change -

PSTN Answer Delay to something like 16

and

PSTN Ring Thru Delay to something like 5

so the SPA recognises Caller ID??

(although that is based on US numbers).

If it will never recognise it, I guess the only way around it then
would be to leave it blank so that everyone gets the Voip line.

That is quite annoying given that I would want the answerphone to pick
up any messages and it wouldn't be able to under this way.

Mark

Jono wrote:
"Woggle" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

From their FAQ: "NOTE: SPA-3000 only supports Bellcore Type I (On-Hook)
Caller ID." (which may only refer to the Access List & Pattern list)
http://www.sipura.com/support/spa300...ction_4.html#1

AFAIR, I had exactly the problem you describe & came to the conclusion that
it doesn't function on UK callerID

I'm saying........"I could never get it to work"

I will be watching this thread in the hope that someone else /has/ got
it to work.

Old August 15th 06, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Woggle, setup an account with http://www.voipfone.co.uk slap some
credit on and they have a geo number you can dial with your mobile to
get a dialtone so you can make calls thru voip. Works well too.
---
External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com
Old August 22nd 06, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Woggle wrote:
I'm trying to set the SPA 3000 so I can call in from my mobile number
and then receive a dial tone and dial out through Voip.

Unfortunately the SPA doesn't recognise my mobile number. If I leave

try (on PSTN Line) Ring Validation Time=150ms, Ring Indication Delay=0

PSTN Caller ID Patter: (just enter my mobile number starting 07)
PSTN Access List: (just enter my mobile number starting 07)

generally, if you want to use pin authentification, it's not good idea
to write in both fields the same number, from sipuras manual:
"PSTN Access List - A comma separated list of caller number templates
such that PSTN callers with numbers matching any of these templates
will be accepted for VoIP gateway service without authentication."

Leave in "PSTN Caller ID Pattern" your number and remove all data from
"PSTN Access List", don't forget also your number in "Cfwd Sel1 Caller"
(PSTN User)

Old March 3rd 07, 05:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
LVMarc

Default PSTN to Voip-guide to energy daving pstn to voip adapters

A new guide shows how much energy is saved by small diferences in
product energy consumption. Perhaps now is a good time to consider the
value of ultra low powered devices.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Energy-Savin...00000002996002

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...me=mem_guide:2

Best Regards,

Marc

Old March 3rd 07, 12:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 21:24:00 -0800, LVMarc wrote:

A new guide shows how much energy is saved by small diferences in
product energy consumption. Perhaps now is a good time to consider the
value of ultra low powered devices.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Energy-Savin...00000002996002

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...me=mem_guide:2

This is something I have been commenting on for a long time in
relation to services that require the use of a PC to operate (e.g.
Skype etc.) I maintain that you need to add the cost of running
hardware to the cost of your telephone service.

Even a very modest modern PC consumes 70Wh (without the monitor) -
many others take much more.
I did an audit on hourly power consumption of other devices in my
house when on standby.
This might surprise you:-
Sky box 19W
Netgem DTT STB 8W
DVD 16W
VCR 5W
Hard disk DTT recorder 23W
Cordless phone (satellite NOT main base) 2W
There are 4 cordless phones in total but it isn't practical to switch
those off. The remainder of the above items, however, use up approx.
52 units of electricty per month. That's 624 units per year. At
9p/unit that's GBP56/year! A 70W computer (AMD64 2800 for example),
running 24/7 for Skype, would ADD another GBP 55/year to that.

I don't leave my PC switched on and I have since unplugged most of the
above. The Sky box is now on a timer so it is switched off during the
night.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old March 3rd 07, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

Brian A wrote:
[...]

Actually I think the VOIP device energy saving predictions based on a
seven year life span are clearly silly. Most devices get binned long
before 7 years.

However a time switch on a socket that services many small devices
around say a TV or PC does sound sensible.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Old March 4th 07, 01:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roderick Stewart

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 12:51:16 +0000, Nick wrote:

Actually I think the VOIP device energy saving predictions based on a
seven year life span are clearly silly. Most devices get binned long
before 7 years.

However a time switch on a socket that services many small devices
around say a TV or PC does sound sensible.

Or a switched socket like the ones from www.oneclickpower.co.uk .
Switch off your computer, hi-fi amplifier, etc and all its peripherals
are properly disconnected with an airgap between relay contacts. You
can switch the main unit off as well of course, but even if you
forget, there is only one item in standby mode instead of several.

Rod.