Netgear WGT624

Old August 13th 06, 02:32 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Netgear WGT624

After a failed firmware upgrade, I am now left with a router which
won't boot! Does anyone know if there are places where I can get the
firware reflashed or is there any way I can recover this myself?

TIA

cheers,
Len
Old August 13th 06, 04:49 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 13:32:36 GMT, Len Cuff
wrote:

After a failed firmware upgrade, I am now left with a router which
won't boot! Does anyone know if there are places where I can get the
firware reflashed or is there any way I can recover this myself?

TIA

cheers,
Len

Tried this? http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/d102417.asp
I know it's for the 834 but if your 624 is dead, probably not much to
lose trying. I'm not optimistic, though, because these things tend to
be chipset specific and I can't see something similar for the 624.

John
Old August 13th 06, 07:31 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

wrote:

After a failed firmware upgrade, I am now left with a router which
won't boot! Does anyone know if there are places where I can get the
firware reflashed or is there any way I can recover this myself?

TIA

cheers,
Len

Tried this? http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/d102417.asp
I know it's for the 834 but if your 624 is dead, probably not much to
lose trying. I'm not optimistic, though, because these things tend to
be chipset specific and I can't see something similar for the 624.

John

John,
Thanks, anything is worth a try! I can connect to the router
and I get a green light on port 1. PC says it's connected but still
nothing. I'll download that and see what happens? BTW when I
downloaded the latest firmware for this router it came down as a .chk
file not a .bin file is this right? Got it from the Netgear download
site!

cheers,
Len
Old August 13th 06, 08:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

wrote:

After a failed firmware upgrade, I am now left with a router which
won't boot! Does anyone know if there are places where I can get the
firware reflashed or is there any way I can recover this myself?

TIA

cheers,
Len

Tried this? http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/d102417.asp
I know it's for the 834 but if your 624 is dead, probably not much to
lose trying. I'm not optimistic, though, because these things tend to
be chipset specific and I can't see something similar for the 624.

John

Tried that but it's looking for a bin or img file so it's no go!
There must be something around for this router as it seems to be one
of the popular ones! Search of Netgear comes up with nowt and there
doesn't seem to be an easy way to mail them with a problem!

cheers,
Len
Old August 13th 06, 09:01 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

wrote:

[...]

A quick look round seems to indicate that a failed upgrade on the 624
usually means it's toast. There are some desperate measures (and sour
grapes) at http://hardware.mcse.ms/printthread.php?threadid=189083

John