Where to buy

Old August 13th 06, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Where to buy

Where would you but a grandstream ATA to be sure its the latest hardware
version?
I have had cheap no name units before and never got them to work. So I think
I am doing the right thing and goi for a Grandstream!

TIA

PS. Taking Paypal would be a bonus (bit of cash in my paypal account!)

--
************************************************** *******************
Do you know what your kids are doing online?

FREE internet safety information
http://www.pctattletale.com/cmd.php?af=300997
************************************************** *******************

Old August 13th 06, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

I know http://www.sipgate.co.uk/voipshop/telephones do them.

Old August 13th 06, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

www.voiptalk.org do 'em but don't think they take paypal.

Old August 13th 06, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Where would you but a grandstream ATA to be sure its the latest hardware
version?
I have had cheap no name units before and never got them to work. So I
think I am doing the right thing and goi for a Grandstream!

There are ATA's out there that are grottier than the Handytone-486??
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old August 14th 06, 05:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Graham" wrote in message ...

Where would you but a grandstream ATA to be sure its the latest hardware
version?
I have had cheap no name units before and never got them to work. So I
think I am doing the right thing and goi for a Grandstream!

There are ATA's out there that are grottier than the Handytone-486??
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Are the Grandstreams not good then?

Old August 14th 06, 01:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Tim Morley" tim.morley*REMOVE
wrote in message

[snip]

Are the Grandstreams not good then?

They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are better for experienced
users.

Ivor

Old August 14th 06, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Tim Morley" tim.morley*REMOVE
wrote in message

[snip]

Are the Grandstreams not good then?

They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are better for experienced
users.

Ivor

Well I suppose i will be experianced soon!
What sipura will do 2 seperate accounts with 2 lines with a pots connection
also (not just a power fail, but being able to select land line)

Old August 14th 06, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

It happens that Tim Morley formulated :
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Tim Morley" tim.morley*REMOVE
wrote in message

[snip]

Are the Grandstreams not good then?

They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are better for experienced
users.

Ivor

Well I suppose i will be experianced soon!
What sipura will do 2 seperate accounts with 2 lines with a pots connection
also (not just a power fail, but being able to select land line)

SPA3000 has only *one* VoIP line for inbound; PSTN connection; multiple
outgoing providers, inc PSTN.

Old August 14th 06, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

[snip]

Are the Grandstreams not good then?

They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are better for experienced
users.

Ivor

Well I suppose i will be experianced soon!
What sipura will do 2 seperate accounts with 2 lines with a pots
connection also (not just a power fail, but being able to select land
line)

I'm glad I got my PAP-2 from Currys when I did. Twice the ATA over a
Grandstream
and less than half the price (GBP19.99inc)

I had it liberated from Vonage within minuets of opening the box.

Best buy I've made this year.
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old August 14th 06, 07:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Tim Morley wrote:
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Tim Morley" tim.morley*REMOVE
wrote in message

[snip]

Are the Grandstreams not good then?

They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are better for experienced
users.

Ivor

Well I suppose i will be experianced soon!
What sipura will do 2 seperate accounts with 2 lines with a pots connection
also (not just a power fail, but being able to select land line)

The SPA3000 is a cracking ATA, yes, but as Jono points out, its
limitation is that you only have one voip line in and you can only
attach one phone to it.

The PAP2 doesn't have PSTN connectivity which I believe you would like.

I might be the lone voice on this but the Grandstream 386 might be
worth considering. It has PSTN connectivity and 2 phones with separate
accounts can be plugged into it. Its main limitation is that it doesn't
allow you program dialplans.