Voipcheap.co.uk - 1 Hour cut off?

Old August 13th 06, 09:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Voipcheap.co.uk - 1 Hour cut off?

Hi,

I have just changed my existing ADSL voip router for a Draytek 2800VG and
made a couple for long calls using voipcheap.co.uk. On both, the call was
terminated after exactly 60 minutes. I have never had this before, but then
looking back at the calls log, I have never made a voip call of this length
before either.

So the question is, does voipcheap.co.uk force a re-dial after 60 minutes or
is it the router? My guess is that it's voipcheap.co.uk, but I can find no
mention of it on the website or Google.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Marty

Old August 13th 06, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Marty C" wrote in message
Hi,

I have just changed my existing ADSL voip router for a Draytek 2800VG and
made a couple for long calls using voipcheap.co.uk. On both, the call was
terminated after exactly 60 minutes. I have never had this before, but
then looking back at the calls log, I have never made a voip call of this
length before either.

So the question is, does voipcheap.co.uk force a re-dial after 60 minutes
or is it the router? My guess is that it's voipcheap.co.uk, but I can find
no mention of it on the website or Google.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Marty

I noticed the same thing a couple of months ago.
I meant to post a comment here but I forgot.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old August 14th 06, 12:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh Graham:
"Marty C" wrote in message
Hi,

I have just changed my existing ADSL voip router for a Draytek
2800VG and made a couple for long calls using voipcheap.co.uk. On
both, the call was terminated after exactly 60 minutes. I have never
had this before, but then looking back at the calls log, I have
never made a voip call of this length before either.

So the question is, does voipcheap.co.uk force a re-dial after 60
minutes or is it the router? My guess is that it's voipcheap.co.uk,
but I can find no mention of it on the website or Google.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Marty

I noticed the same thing a couple of months ago.
I meant to post a comment here but I forgot.

I know they used to, I've been using VoIP Stunt for sometime instead,
but when they switched to only giving you so many minutes each week away
free I have managed to pass the 60 minute mark without being cut off,
today I was on for 72 mins no problem, wonder if they will no be
implementing the 60 min cut off again on all?

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old August 15th 06, 12:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Recently, Marty C popped out over the fence
around uk.telecom.voip and said...
|Hi,
|
|I have just changed my existing ADSL voip router for a Draytek 2800VG and
|made a couple for long calls using voipcheap.co.uk. On both, the call was
|terminated after exactly 60 minutes. I have never had this before, but then
|looking back at the calls log, I have never made a voip call of this length
|before either.
|
|So the question is, does voipcheap.co.uk force a re-dial after 60 minutes or
|is it the router? My guess is that it's voipcheap.co.uk, but I can find no
|mention of it on the website or Google.
|
|Any suggestions would be appreciated.
|
|Thanks.
|
|Marty

It's probably the Draytek re-registering, confusing the whole lot.
Usually any VoIP device re-registers itself with the provider(s) every X
minutes or Y seconds: look for a 60 or a 3600 value somewhere around the
registration values, fiddle with it and test.
Normally a re-registration while a call is in place should NOT be done,
as it is out of place in the normal SIP flow. Some ATAs do, with
unpredictable results from both sides (ATA and VoIP server).
Let us know the outcome, pls.

--
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ - The Y2K Druid
Old August 15th 06, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Have you tried draytel.org. Works very well with draytek router, and no
mlimit as far as I am aware