BT Total Broadand Options/questions?

Old August 14th 06, 05:39 PM posted to bt.broadband.support,bt.internet.users.broadband.technical,uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband

Default BT Total Broadand Options/questions?

Hi,

I've been with BTOpenworld since BT started the broadband thing, I was one
of thier beta testers.
The product appears to have changed names a few times since then but I dont
seem to have gained anything over all this time.

I'm currently on Option 4 which costs me 29.99 a month, and my line speed is
1mb.

Should I be automatically moved over to new total broadband which is faster
and comes with a home hub?

What I'm basically asking is what are my options with BT at the moment.

Also, with the bt home hub - can I use my existing vigor router instead of
the bt home hub and converselely, could the bt home hub be used elsewhere on
someone else's adsl line.

thanks
Scott.

Old August 14th 06, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"The Kop King" noreply wrote in message
Hi,

I've been with BTOpenworld since BT started the broadband thing, I was one
of thier beta testers.
The product appears to have changed names a few times since then but I
dont seem to have gained anything over all this time.

I'm currently on Option 4 which costs me 29.99 a month, and my line speed
is 1mb.

Should I be automatically moved over to new total broadband which is
faster and comes with a home hub?

What I'm basically asking is what are my options with BT at the moment.

Also, with the bt home hub - can I use my existing vigor router instead
of the bt home hub and converselely, could the bt home hub be used
elsewhere on someone else's adsl line.

thanks
Scott.

I think that's a question you ought to be asking BT.
It all depends if your local exchange is enabled for "up to 8Mb" BT Max DSL,
of course. If it is, they'd probably upgrade you if you asked.
George

Old August 14th 06, 07:21 PM posted to bt.broadband.support,bt.internet.users.broadband.technical,uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/checker.php

Old September 4th 06, 07:56 AM posted to uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband

Hi,

For your best options in your area check
http://www.getbroadband-online.co.uk/ (keyword being broadband) and/or
http://www.speedtest-online.co.uk/ (for keywords speedtest and ASDL).
Hoping this will help...pappa