Tiscali has awful customer service

Old August 15th 06, 08:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Tiscali has awful customer service

I've been using tiscali broadband for almost 3 years now. Although the
connection is reliable, and I've had few technical problems, I have had
awful trouble with their customer service.

I recently moved out from my parents' house, and thought it would be a
simple affair to swap my broadband direct debit over from my name to my
Mum's. We changed the details on the website, and it seemed to have
worked.

Three months later, and our connection was cancelled. I phoned the
helpline, only to be told there were "payment issues" with our account.
It seems that tiscali reckoned that there were a few pence outstanding
(presumably in the couple of hours time period between me cancelling my
D/D and my Mum starting hers!) and so they could not start the new D/D-
company policy, you see.

What gets me most though, is that tiscali never so much as emailed us
to tell us there was a problem. They simply suspended the account,
leaving my Mum without internet access.

I have emailed tiscali's complaints dept, but (surprise surprise) have
had no response at all.

Has anyone else had similar problems with tiscali?