Madasafish- Newsgroup usage

Old August 15th 06, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Madasafish- Newsgroup usage

I just started using madasafish 5GB service 5 days ago.
When I checked my usage from within my account is says I have a 5GB
limit, but when I view the newsgroup settings it says I have 10GB.
I emailed customer services to see if they are separate(ie did I have
10GB newsgroup usage as well as the 5GB) and they said that I'd need
to speak to someone and to phone customer services.
I phoned and after some time they decided that I was allowed 5GB
normal and 10 GB newsgroup, although they didn't sound too confident.
Anyway now my monthly usage is showing 4GB normal and 3.5GB newsgroup,
after only 5 days so it seems to me that the newsgroup usage is in
fact counted towards the whole monthly usage of 5GB.
Anyone have any experience of this.
Any help appreciated
Paul
Old August 15th 06, 10:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

PaulH wrote:
I just started using madasafish 5GB service 5 days ago.
When I checked my usage from within my account is says I have a 5GB
limit, but when I view the newsgroup settings it says I have 10GB.
I emailed customer services to see if they are separate(ie did I have
10GB newsgroup usage as well as the 5GB) and they said that I'd need
to speak to someone and to phone customer services.
I phoned and after some time they decided that I was allowed 5GB
normal and 10 GB newsgroup, although they didn't sound too confident.
Anyway now my monthly usage is showing 4GB normal and 3.5GB newsgroup,
after only 5 days so it seems to me that the newsgroup usage is in
fact counted towards the whole monthly usage of 5GB.
Anyone have any experience of this.
Any help appreciated
Paul

Your newsgroup usage *is* part of your 5GB allowance, for every GB, or part
GB, over that you will be charged an extra 2 if you reached 10GB on
newsgroups you would then be cut off from them.
--
Adrian