CLI spoofing

Old August 15th 06, 06:49 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

Default CLI spoofing

I've just updated the VOIP Cheap http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/ software
on my PC.

The latest version allows me to enter just about any phone number I like
to be sent as CLI(P) when I make a call.

Extremely useful, but it's bound to be abused.
--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877
Old August 15th 06, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

"Martin Jay" wrote in message
I've just updated the VOIP Cheap http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/ software on
my PC.

The latest version allows me to enter just about any phone number I like
to be sent as CLI(P) when I make a call.

Extremely useful, but it's bound to be abused.

I'm looking at v2.12 build 365 beta and I can't seem to do that.
The CLI is greyed out as usual and I can't change it.
Have you got the same version?

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old August 15th 06, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh Graham:
"Martin Jay" wrote in message
I've just updated the VOIP Cheap http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/
software on my PC.

The latest version allows me to enter just about any phone number I
like to be sent as CLI(P) when I make a call.

Extremely useful, but it's bound to be abused.

I'm looking at v2.12 build 365 beta and I can't seem to do that.
The CLI is greyed out as usual and I can't change it.
Have you got the same version?

v2.12 build 365.

Go to Profile, under Phone numbers, there are several spaces for you to
enter various numbers, fill one of those out, then go to settings, call
settings, you can now choose the number you wish to send.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old August 15th 06, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

In message , Graham writes
"Martin Jay" wrote in message
I've just updated the VOIP Cheap http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/ software on
my PC.

The latest version allows me to enter just about any phone number I like
to be sent as CLI(P) when I make a call.

Extremely useful, but it's bound to be abused.

I'm looking at v2.12 build 365 beta and I can't seem to do that.
The CLI is greyed out as usual and I can't change it.
Have you got the same version?

Yep, that's the version I have.

Try adding a number under your profile from the file menu.

Then select 'Options' from tools menu.

Under 'Call settings' I can then select the number I entered under the
'My Caller ID' setting.
--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877
Old August 15th 06, 08:28 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
k...

enter various numbers, fill one of those out

S'cuse me, but don't we fill *in* in the UK?

--

J B

Old August 15th 06, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

Yep, that's the version I have.

Try adding a number under your profile from the file menu.

Then select 'Options' from tools menu.

Under 'Call settings' I can then select the number I entered under the 'My
Caller ID' setting.

I've filled in all the fields in 'my profile' but 'my caller id' remains
fixed!!

Any idea what I am doing wrong here?

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old August 15th 06, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh J B:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in
message k...

enter various numbers, fill one of those out

S'cuse me, but don't we fill *in* in the UK?

Probably, but then I have put a little bit of weight on! ;-)

--
Caller Display Units for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
Old August 15th 06, 09:25 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

Graham wrote:

Yep, that's the version I have.

Try adding a number under your profile from the file menu.

Then select 'Options' from tools menu.

Under 'Call settings' I can then select the number I entered under the 'My
Caller ID' setting.

I've filled in all the fields in 'my profile' but 'my caller id' remains
fixed!!

Any idea what I am doing wrong here?

Odd. In your profile, I take it you've added phone numbers on the right
hand side where you have five rows with options (on a click down list)
for home, office, mobile, voip and fax?

As described by Martin, you should then be able to select one of the
numbers entered in your profile - In options-Call Settings and down at
the bottom of that section "My Caller ID"

Old August 15th 06, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

Martin Jay wrote:

I've just updated the VOIP Cheap http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/ software
on my PC.

The latest version allows me to enter just about any phone number I like
to be sent as CLI(P) when I make a call.

And does it actually work when you call, say a landline or a mobile?

Extremely useful, but it's bound to be abused.

Well it's not like CLI isn't already abused; it's just that now it doesn't
take as much effort ;-)

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:58:50 up 22 days, 3:20, 3 users, load average: 0.16, 0.26, 0.17

Old August 15th 06, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

Any idea what I am doing wrong here?

Odd. In your profile, I take it you've added phone numbers on the right
hand side where you have five rows with options (on a click down list)
for home, office, mobile, voip and fax?

As described by Martin, you should then be able to select one of the
numbers entered in your profile - In options-Call Settings and down at
the bottom of that section "My Caller ID"

OK I've solved the mystery
I signed up with voipcheap.co.uk when they gave you a geographic number.
With this account the CLI can be hidden but *not* changed

I just signed up for annother account, and when I log the softphone
onto it I get the dropdown box like you guys.

When calling my landline the caller ID display reads "unavailible" and 1471
returns the spoofed number prefixed with 'international call'
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%