Cable modem NTL

Old August 16th 06, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Cable modem NTL

Can anyone advise me a good modem to buy that I can use with NTL.

Bert.

Old August 16th 06, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Bert wrote:

Can anyone advise me a good modem to buy that I can use with NTL.

Don't you like NTL's one ? I don't even know of anyone selling them in this
country.

Graham

Old August 16th 06, 08:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Bert wrote:
Can anyone advise me a good modem to buy that I can use with NTL.

Bert.

Fraid you can only use the NTL supplied one

Old August 16th 06, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:03:36 +0100, in uk.telecom.broadband , "Bert"
wrote:

Can anyone advise me a good modem to buy that I can use with NTL.

Use the one ntl supply you - you can't use any other, and its free.

Bert.

--
Mark McIntyre
Old August 17th 06, 12:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Thus spaketh Bert:
Can anyone advise me a good modem to buy that I can use with NTL.

Bert.

You don't you use their modem, you then if you want buy a cable router
so you can attached more than 1 PC to the broadband connection.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old August 17th 06, 08:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:

Can anyone advise me a good modem to buy that I can use with NTL.

Use the one ntl supply you - you can't use any other, and its free.

Bert.

--
Mark McIntyre

I assume this cable modem that NTL provides comes in the welcome pack?

Bert.

Old August 17th 06, 10:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:07:05 +0100, "Bert" wrote:

I assume this cable modem that NTL provides comes in the welcome pack?

The installer brings it with them and, funnily enough, installs it for
you

Alex

--

Alex Brown
Senior Product Manager, Product Experience
Old August 17th 06, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:36:32 +0100, John Naismith
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:33:49 +0100, John Naismith
wrote:

Ermm sorry about that. God knows what happened there.

Product Experience Communication Services

What is this supposed to mean in plain English? ie what is your job
function?

No worries, in life product management for the Internet (Broadband &
Dialup) and Telephony pieces. I suspect that 'Communication Services'
was done to save me from dying by going out of breath at dinner
parties explaining :-)

Alex

Old August 17th 06, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Ahh, so "Product Experience Communication Services" actually means "in
life product management for the Internet (Broadband & Dialup) and
Telephony pieces."?

I'm so glad you clarified that. Really.

????????????????????

The world's gone mad. MAD.

Old August 17th 06, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"John Naismith" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:39:25 GMT, Alex Brown
wrote:

Product Experience Communication Services

What exactly is this supposed to mean?

I ask only so I can submit it to "Solutions" in Private Eye

Er, where is the word 'solutions'?

- -
Martin