Logitech Dives Into VoIP

Old August 17th 06, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Logitech Dives Into VoIP

Al wrote:
On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:31:12 +0100, Paul Cupis wrote:

Ah, sorry, this is a new requirement of VoIP to me. I thought it was a
type of VoIP because it allowed you to have voice conversation over
Internet Protocol.

This must be a first. I find myself agreeing with Paul Cupis!

What nonsense this man Ivor is speaking. I'm no fan at all of Skype
but he and his constant tripe saying that unless you have an ATA
you're not using voip. Utter twaddle!

Quite why everyone wants to continue here, where it's off-topic,
rather than uk.telecom.voip is also beyond me.

As Skype apparently 'doesn't count' as VOIP it would be even more
off-topic over there.

Old August 17th 06, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Andy Lord" wrote in message
ups.com
Al wrote:
On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:31:12 +0100, Paul Cupis wrote:

Ah, sorry, this is a new requirement of VoIP to me. I
thought it was a type of VoIP because it allowed you
to have voice conversation over Internet Protocol.

This must be a first. I find myself agreeing with Paul
Cupis!

What nonsense this man Ivor is speaking. I'm no fan at
all of Skype but he and his constant tripe saying that
unless you have an ATA you're not using voip. Utter
twaddle!

I never said that Skype isn't VoIP. I said that it isn't usable without a
PC hence it is of no use to anyone wishing to use it seriously with
external equipment.

Quite why everyone wants to continue here, where it's
off-topic, rather than uk.telecom.voip is also beyond
me.

As Skype apparently 'doesn't count' as VOIP it would be
even more off-topic over there.

Read what I said again.

Ivor