Question about Freetalk

Old August 17th 06, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Question about Freetalk

I have just purchased a "Freetalk" box and it is currently connected to my
router via a switch. I have registered my Freetalk MAC address and serial
number, and am waiting for the activation email.

Do I need to route any ports for the service to use it?

The manual seems to be a bit scare on the info.

Any help appreciated.

Old August 17th 06, 07:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

^^artnada^^ wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:30:38 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
wrote:

I have just purchased a "Freetalk" box and it is currently connected to
my
router via a switch. I have registered my Freetalk MAC address and serial
number, and am waiting for the activation email.

Do I need to route any ports for the service to use it?

The manual seems to be a bit scare on the info.

Any help appreciated.

Had two boxes for nearly a year now with no ports configered and both
lines working perfectly just as they did stright out of the box apart
from giving them their own IP's .

ok ta. Just waiting for my activation email.

^^artnada^^ wrote:
I have just purchased a "Freetalk" box and it is currently connected to my
router via a switch. I have registered my Freetalk MAC address and serial
number, and am waiting for the activation email.

Do I need to route any ports for the service to use it?

The manual seems to be a bit scare on the info.

Any help appreciated.

I set one up a couple of months ago and I think we gave up doing it how
I wanted it due to poor documentation and the poor call quality
achieved. In the end we put it between the cable-modem and the router
and achieved perfect call quality - not an option though if it's a ADSL
Modem/router. I seem to remember that it took a few reboots of all 3
devices, with a 2 hour tea break in-between before everything settled
down. In particular ISTR there was some sort of odd DNS problem that
affected web browsing that we never really solved but seemed to resolve
itself after a few reboots.

I was at the site on Monday and there's been no problems since last
time I was there.

Old August 18th 06, 07:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Andy Lord" wrote in message
oups.com...

^^artnada^^ wrote:
[...]

Um? Takes 3 attempts to post a message, would you trust anything
more complicated to him!