Freedom 2 Surf - Constantly Losing Connection Late At Night

Old August 18th 06, 02:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Freedom 2 Surf - Constantly Losing Connection Late At Night

OK this is REALLY beginning to annoy me, I have a stable connection all
through the day but come 11pm+ my connection goes down the drain with me
constantly losing synch with the exchange.

Like I said it's perfect in the day but late at night it's awful. I'm not
downloading anything, I just use the connection to play Everquest 2 and this
is REALLY ANNOYING ME.

I'm sure it must have something to do with the download as much as you want
between 12:00 - 5:00am etc.

Has anyone else experienced these issues late at night with their ISP who
runs a similar system to F2S?

Old August 18th 06, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Cheddar" wrote in message
OK this is REALLY beginning to annoy me, I have a stable connection all
through the day but come 11pm+ my connection goes down the drain with me
constantly losing synch with the exchange.

Like I said it's perfect in the day but late at night it's awful. I'm not
downloading anything, I just use the connection to play Everquest 2 and
this is REALLY ANNOYING ME.

I'm sure it must have something to do with the download as much as you
want between 12:00 - 5:00am etc.

Has anyone else experienced these issues late at night with their ISP who
runs a similar system to F2S?

As a 'night owl' I'm usually on line in the early hours of the morning. Have
often noticed a 5 or 10 minute loss of connection to my ISP (ie. nothing
happens when you try to access something and email stops coming/going) round
about 1.15 am (can vary). Still appear to have a connection to BT at such
times (the DSL light is solidly on) but no connection beyond BT to the ISP.
One one occasion this 1.15am 'tea break' became a week's disconnection, as
something went very wrong at the ISP' end and they, apparently, lost me
from their database of connected clients! Frantic activity by ISP over
several days finally discovered and rectified the one-off random fault. They
very kindly gave me a freephone dial-up number to use in the meantime, but
it shows you what can go wrong. If I'd been with one of the big ISPs and
ringing an Indian call centre the connection would probably still be 'off'!!

I'd guess that such connection losses are something to do with 'maintenance'
in the early hours, when things are fairly quiet - either by your ISP or BT
(but in my case the connection to BT does not drop, as happens to you).
Strange!

Regards,

Paul

Old August 19th 06, 05:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Freedom2surf recently sent an apology for their dire problems. Mine has
been dropping off for about 6 months.
I think this may be partly since being bought by Pipex and integrated into
their network.
I wish I'd stayed with BT!

"Paul" wrote in message
t...

Old August 19th 06, 11:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Blue Frog" wrote in message
Freedom2surf recently sent an apology for their dire problems. Mine has
been dropping off for about 6 months.
I think this may be partly since being bought by Pipex and integrated into
their network.
I wish I'd stayed with BT!

It's definately to do with Pipex. I moved from Pipex because of this
problem which they claimed was a BT fault.

There is nothing you can do except move. Pipex reboot their systems every
now and then with blatant disregard for connected users.

AMO