A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) (uk.telecom.voip) Discussion of topics relevant to packet based voice technologies including Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN) as well as service providers, hardware and software for use with these technologies. Advertising is not allowed.

Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 18th 06, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012

I am looking to buy a Linksys/Sipura Telephone adaptor. I dont really know
the differences between these 3. Can anyone guide me in arrriving at the
best adaptor and price. I am looking to be able to use several VOIP
providers and have incoming calls divcerted to my mobile.

Yaz


  #2  
Old August 18th 06, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:23:31 GMT, "Yaz"
wrote:

I am looking to buy a Linksys/Sipura Telephone adaptor. I dont really know
the differences between these 3. Can anyone guide me in arrriving at the
best adaptor and price. I am looking to be able to use several VOIP
providers and have incoming calls divcerted to my mobile.

Yaz

PAP2 . Two independent voip channels. Can't have different incoming to
outgoing provider for a given channel.

SPA-3000. One voip channel, one PSTN (standard landline connection).
Phone will ring whichever line is calling. Can route via PSTN or voip.
possible to have 5 different outgoing providers but one of them must
be the same as the single incoming provider. A much more configurable
device than the PAP2 but the output is limited to one set of handsets.

SPA-3012. an enhanced version of the SPA-3000 afaik. I haven't studied
it very much though. No doubt some one else will post on this.

You might also look at the SPA-1001. Similar to PAP2 in facilities but
2 voip lines go to one set of handsets.

Additionally, there is the Fritzbox.
http://www.avm.de/en/


Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
  #3  
Old August 18th 06, 01:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012

In article , Brian A
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:38:53 writes

SPA-3012. an enhanced version of the SPA-3000 afaik. I haven't studied
it very much though. No doubt some one else will post on this.


Just got a couple of these for a project but not actually set it up yet.

From http://www.provu.co.uk the 3000 and 3012 are the same price - about
65 + VAT

The 3012 includes a DSL router so can be connected directly to an ADSL
modem. However, you can disable the router bit and use it like a 3000
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)
  #4  
Old August 18th 06, 01:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012


Les Desser wrote:
In article , Brian A
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:38:53 writes

SPA-3012. an enhanced version of the SPA-3000 afaik. I haven't studied
it very much though. No doubt some one else will post on this.


snip

The 3012 includes a DSL router so can be connected directly to an ADSL
modem. However, you can disable the router bit and use it like a 3000


A DSL router? - isn't it just a plain router? It can be plugged into a
cable modem/router too can't it? Anyone got one?

  #5  
Old August 18th 06, 02:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012

paul123 wrote:
Les Desser wrote:
In article , Brian A
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:38:53 writes

SPA-3012. an enhanced version of the SPA-3000 afaik. I haven't studied
it very much though. No doubt some one else will post on this.

snip

The 3012 includes a DSL router so can be connected directly to an ADSL
modem. However, you can disable the router bit and use it like a 3000


A DSL router? - isn't it just a plain router? It can be plugged into a
cable modem/router too can't it? Anyone got one?

yes it's a plain NAT'ed Ethernet router which can be connected to a
cable modem too.

cheers,
Paul.
  #6  
Old August 18th 06, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012

Les Desser wrote:
In article , Brian A
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:38:53 writes

SPA-3012. an enhanced version of the SPA-3000 afaik. I haven't studied
it very much though. No doubt some one else will post on this.


SPA-3102 has 2 ethernet ports. One Wan, one Lan with a NAT between.
It is like a cross between an SPA-3000 and an SPA-2100


The 3012 includes a DSL router so can be connected directly to an ADSL
modem. However, you can disable the router bit and use it like a 3000


The 3102 definitely doesn't have any DSL function.

Tim
  #7  
Old August 18th 06, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012

In article , Tim
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:51:41 writes

Les Desser wrote:

The 3012 includes a DSL router so can be connected directly to an ADSL
modem. However, you can disable the router bit and use it like a 3000


The 3102 definitely doesn't have any DSL function.

Sorry for the slip of the pen
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)
  #8  
Old August 23rd 06, 08:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012


"Brian A" wrote
PAP2 . Two independent voip channels. Can't have different incoming to
outgoing provider for a given channel.

You might also look at the SPA-1001. Similar to PAP2 in facilities but
2 voip lines go to one set of handsets.

What is the diifference between the PAP2 and the SPA1001. I dont really
need the PSTN on the same line. But would like ot have 2 voip providers on
the 1 line (ATA)?

Yaz


  #9  
Old August 23rd 06, 09:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:35:30 GMT, "Yaz"
wrote:


"Brian A" wrote
PAP2 . Two independent voip channels. Can't have different incoming to
outgoing provider for a given channel.

You might also look at the SPA-1001. Similar to PAP2 in facilities but
2 voip lines go to one set of handsets.

What is the diifference between the PAP2 and the SPA1001. I dont really
need the PSTN on the same line. But would like ot have 2 voip providers on
the 1 line (ATA)?

Yaz

If you want to terminate both lines on ONE set of handsets then go for
the SPA-1001. The PAP2 has separate, independent, connections for
each line.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
  #10  
Old August 23rd 06, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Linksys PAP2T, SPA3000, SPA3012


"Brian A" wrote If you want to terminate
both lines on ONE set of handsets then go for
the SPA-1001. The PAP2 has separate, independent, connections for
each line.


What are the best prices for a PAP2 and SPA1001?

Yaz


 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Linksys SPA3000 Yaz uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 4 October 5th 06 12:49 PM
Linksys SPA3000... brilliant!! Wira One uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 19 July 8th 06 02:07 AM
Linksys SPA3000 Lansbury uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 2 May 31st 06 05:02 PM
Linksys SPA3000 old man uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 15 March 30th 06 12:04 AM
SPA3000 Stephane M uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 0 July 12th 05 10:08 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.