Free Virgin.net broadband with Virgin Mobile

Old August 18th 06, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Free Virgin.net broadband with Virgin Mobile

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
Old August 18th 06, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In k,
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} opined loudly:
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do

Need a BT line ? Odd NTL /Telewest are / where in bed with the Virgin
--

Yddap

Old August 18th 06, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Yddap wrote:

In k,
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} opined loudly:
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do

Need a BT line ? Odd NTL /Telewest are / where in bed with the Virgin

Struck me as curious too. Having experienced NTL's customer support I'd give
them a wide berth. They gave up answering the phone long before Plusnet ever
did.

Graham

Old August 19th 06, 08:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Eeyore wrote:

Yddap wrote:

In k,
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} opined loudly:
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do

Need a BT line ? Odd NTL /Telewest are / where in bed with the Virgin

Struck me as curious too. Having experienced NTL's customer support I'd
give them a wide berth. They gave up answering the phone long before
Plusnet ever did.

I agree with you about NTL customer 'support'; it's virtually non-existent.
However, although NTL now own Virgin Internet (and Virgin Mobile) lock stock
& barrel, in my experience the Virgin Broadband service is and always has
been, excellent.
http://www.ntl.com/home/ntlvirginmobile/supply_news.asp

--
Falcon:
fide, sed cui vide. (L)

Old August 19th 06, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Falcon wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Yddap wrote:

In k,
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} opined loudly:
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do

Need a BT line ? Odd NTL /Telewest are / where in bed with the Virgin

Struck me as curious too. Having experienced NTL's customer support I'd
give them a wide berth. They gave up answering the phone long before
Plusnet ever did.

I agree with you about NTL customer 'support'; it's virtually non-existent.
However, although NTL now own Virgin Internet (and Virgin Mobile) lock stock
& barrel, in my experience the Virgin Broadband service is and always has
been, excellent.
http://www.ntl.com/home/ntlvirginmobile/supply_news.asp

Don't you have to have Branson's approval to use the name ? I suspect he'd get
peed off with being associated with a poor service.

Graham

Old August 19th 06, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Eeyore wrote:

Falcon wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Yddap wrote:

In k,
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} opined loudly:
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do

Need a BT line ? Odd NTL /Telewest are / where in bed with the Virgin

Struck me as curious too. Having experienced NTL's customer support I'd
give them a wide berth. They gave up answering the phone long before
Plusnet ever did.

I agree with you about NTL customer 'support'; it's virtually
non-existent. However, although NTL now own Virgin Internet (and Virgin
Mobile) lock stock & barrel, in my experience the Virgin Broadband
service is and always has been, excellent.
http://www.ntl.com/home/ntlvirginmobile/supply_news.asp

Don't you have to have Branson's approval to use the name ? I suspect
he'd get peed off with being associated with a poor service.

You'll have to ask him - he sold it to them. I might add that virgin.net was
*always* a joint venture between ntl and Virgin (even during Virgin's
dial-up only days) with ntl owning 49% of the operation and providing all
the equipment and delivery facilities. Amongst other companies using their
own brand name for ntl delivered internet services, one other springs to
mind. Tesco. There may well be others.

--
Falcon:
fide, sed cui vide. (L)

Old August 19th 06, 03:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Yddap" wrote:

Need a BT line ? Odd NTL /Telewest are / where in bed with the Virgin

You must have been asleep when discussion about Tesco has taken place
as the broadband service has been managed by NTL for some time...
Old August 19th 06, 03:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In article , Falcon says...
Don't you have to have Branson's approval to use the name ? I suspect
he'd get peed off with being associated with a poor service.

You'll have to ask him - he sold it to them. I might add that virgin.net was
*always* a joint venture between ntl and Virgin (even during Virgin's
dial-up only days) with ntl owning 49% of the operation and providing all
the equipment and delivery facilities. Amongst other companies using their
own brand name for ntl delivered internet services, one other springs to
mind. Tesco. There may well be others.

Branson licences the name to them, he also does it now with Virgin Blue
(Australian airline) and Virgin Records. Both companies were sold on but
continue to use the Virgin name, as do many of the Virgin Retail outlets
which were sold off in a complicated deal recently.

They pay for the privelige quite handsomely too, which is why NTL want
to rebrand the whole lot as Virgin. It's perceived as being a brand
which has consumer acceptance much in excess of NTL.

FR
Old August 19th 06, 03:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Flying Rat wrote:

In article , Falcon says...
[...]

Would they get Branson's blessing to do that without getting their act together
though ?

Graham

Old August 19th 06, 04:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Eeyore wrote:

Flying Rat wrote:

In article , Falcon says...
[...]

It really doesn't work like that. Not with billions of pounds involved. ntl
(no capitals please) plan to rebrand themselves as Virgin. No doubt Richard
will rake in some royalties for that too. It makes some sort of sense from
ntl's perspective and the organisation has done it before. When the US cable
company Cabletel bought the old privatised arm of the IBA back in the early
90s, which happened to be called National Transcommunications Ltd., they
ditched their old name and rebranded themselves as ntl (cool eh?) instead of
doing it the other way round. There's a fairly ignorant young market out
there (no offence intended) who concern themselves with brand images, rather
than company performance. ntl/Virgin intend to capitalise on their
ignorance.

--
Falcon:
fide, sed cui vide. (L)