Complaints

Old August 18th 06, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Complaints

Why is this newsgroup so full of problems and complaints, people
begging for assistance from others hardly more knowledgable than
themselves?

From the repies there's not a single do-gooding 'expert' amongst you.

Is it because the Internet is in the same state as the railways were
in 1825?

Have we to wait 80 years for the mess to sort itself out?
====================================

Old August 18th 06, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Reg Edwards wrote:
Why is this newsgroup so full of problems and complaints, people
begging for assistance from others hardly more knowledgable than
themselves?

From the repies there's not a single do-gooding 'expert' amongst you.

Is it because the Internet is in the same state as the railways were
in 1825?

Have we to wait 80 years for the mess to sort itself out?

Were the railways sorted out by 1905 then? What then went wrong?

There are plenty of experienced and helpful people here.

Do you have a question about Broadband? Are you the "do-gooding expert"
you feel is needed here?
Old August 18th 06, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Colin Forrester wrote:

Reg Edwards wrote:
Why is this newsgroup so full of problems and complaints, people
begging for assistance from others hardly more knowledgable than
themselves?

From the repies there's not a single do-gooding 'expert' amongst you.

Is it because the Internet is in the same state as the railways were
in 1825?

Have we to wait 80 years for the mess to sort itself out?

Were the railways sorted out by 1905 then? What then went wrong?

WW2 mainly !

There are plenty of experienced and helpful people here.

Do you have a question about Broadband? Are you the "do-gooding expert"
you feel is needed here?

Who can tell.

Graham

Old August 18th 06, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Have we to wait 80 years for the mess to sort itself out?

NO, we will let you sort it out!!!

Dave
Old August 18th 06, 06:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Eeyore wrote:

Is it because the Internet is in the same state as the railways were
in 1825?

Have we to wait 80 years for the mess to sort itself out?

Were the railways sorted out by 1905 then? What then went wrong?

WW2 mainly !

So the railways were fine between 1905 and 1939 then. Interesting.
Old August 18th 06, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Colin Forrester wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Is it because the Internet is in the same state as the railways were
in 1825?

Have we to wait 80 years for the mess to sort itself out?
Were the railways sorted out by 1905 then? What then went wrong?

WW2 mainly !

So the railways were fine between 1905 and 1939 then. Interesting.

They were quite good during that period for the most paart.

Graham

Old August 18th 06, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Have we to wait 80 years for the mess to sort itself out?

NO, we will let you sort it out!!!

Dave

=======================================

I'm just a novice. We'd better make friends with the Chinese and ask
THEM to sort things out.
----
Reg.

Old August 18th 06, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Reg Edwards wrote:

Have we to wait 80 years for the mess to sort itself out?

NO, we will let you sort it out!!!

Dave

=======================================

I'm just a novice. We'd better make friends with the Chinese and ask
THEM to sort things out.

Don't expect any help there ! They want us to tell them how to do it.

Graham

Old August 18th 06, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 19:50:59 +0100, in uk.telecom.broadband , "Reg
Edwards" wrote:

Have we to wait 80 years for the mess to sort itself out?

NO, we will let you sort it out!!!

Dave

=======================================

I'm just a novice. We'd better make friends with the Chinese and ask
THEM to sort things out.

Right, so you consider standing for 12-14 hours, unable to move , and
having to wear adult nappies as the loos are totally unaccessible, the
sort of train service you'd like? Hmm....
--
Mark McIntyre
Old August 18th 06, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Edwards" wrote:

I'm just a novice. We'd better make friends with the Chinese and ask
THEM to sort things out.

Right, so you consider standing for 12-14 hours, unable to move , and
having to wear adult nappies as the loos are totally unaccessible, the
sort of train service you'd like? Hmm....

Can you elaborate on that experience ?

Some ppl would probably pay for that btw !!!!!! :-o

Graham