Problems staying connected to the internet

Old August 18th 06, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Problems staying connected to the internet

I'm having problems staying connected to the internet through my BT
broadband connection which can't seem to stay online for longer than 40
minutes at most.

My connection has always been good up until a week ago but it now seems
to have gone t*ts up. My brother told me that while my father was
doing some diy around the house he put a nail through a cable (which
could have been the telephone cable) but I'm not so sure as I can
still make calls and connect to the internet but the longetivity with
the connection is now rubbish. Everytime my connection tries to redial
and it doesn't connect with the bt servers I get the following message.
"PPP link protocol was terminated" message I have tried to uninstall
and reinstall my modem drivers but to no avail.

I have had broadband for almost two years and it has always been ok
till last Wednesday. I have a sky digibox, pc and my telephone
connected to this one line and have only one filter for my phone line.
Should I also have a filter for the sky box as well? I have tried
calling the bt broadband helpline but I can't get through. Thanks in
advance.

Old August 18th 06, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:

[...]

What connection speed were you getting before last Weds ? Up to 2 meg ? I'd say
there's a possibilty you may have been 'Maxed' if the phone line's working ok.
Does this ring any bells ( not telephone ones ) with you.

Do you have a USB modem or a router ? Are you familiar with what the leds mean ?
If you can post some detail about these it would help.

Graham

Old August 18th 06, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Eeyore wrote:
wrote:

[...]

My connection has always been at 2 meg and it still is. My modem is a
usb BT Voyager 105. The power and dsl leds have always been lit but
the information recieved one only lights up when i press return, go
ewtc.