XP WiFi/NIC Multihoming

Old August 18th 06, 10:19 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default XP WiFi/NIC Multihoming

Hi

Ive looked through some old threads but can't seem to get a definiative
answer for this. I have two PC's, each has a wifi NIC to access the internet
and a standard NIC which connects the two PCs via a crossover cable for
large file transfers (as shown below).

PC - A

NIC1 (DHCP - SUBNET 255.255.255.0) ----------WiFi---------- ADSL ROUTER
NIC2 (STATIC IP 10.0.0.1 - SUBNET 255.0.0.0) ----Crosover Cable---- PC - B

PC - B

NIC1 (DHCP - SUBNET 255.255.255.0) ----------WiFi---------- ADSL ROUTER
NIC2 (STATIC IP 10.0.0.2 - SUBNET 255.0.0.0) ----Crosover Cable---- PC - A

When I enable all the adaptors I can transfer files but cannot surf the
internet. Im guessing because windows is trying to reach the internt on the
internal network and not via the WiFi adaptors. Is there a way to rectify
this?

Thanks

Old August 19th 06, 07:32 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

In message , noodles noodles00*RE
writes

When I enable all the adaptors I can transfer files but cannot surf the
internet. Im guessing because windows is trying to reach the internt on the
internal network and not via the WiFi adaptors. Is there a way to rectify
this?

Set the Default Gateway to the router IP address for the 10.0.0.X
addresses ensuring they're on the same subnet as the router and the
router isn't either 10.0.0.1/2
--
Tony
Old August 19th 06, 08:37 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"Tony Wright" wrote in message
SNIP
Set the Default Gateway to the router IP address for the 10.0.0.X
addresses ensuring they're on the same subnet as the router and the
router isn't either 10.0.0.1/2
--
Tony

Thanks Tony, its done the trick!