ADSL line keeps dropping

Old August 19th 06, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default ADSL line keeps dropping

I've swtiched over from Pipex to BT Broadband upto 8 Meg service on the
17th.

Ever since then, the ADSL line keeps dropping every 10 mins or so.

Is this so my line can get the fastest speed for it?

Old August 19th 06, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Fatboy wrote:
I've swtiched over from Pipex to BT Broadband upto 8 Meg service on
the 17th.

Ever since then, the ADSL line keeps dropping every 10 mins or so.

Is this so my line can get the fastest speed for it?

Did you have MAX before you moved? If not, the line takes 10 days to 'train'
your BRAS profile to determine your best possible speed. Expect it to drop,
resynch and do all sorts of horrible things for the next few days.

Are you using a USB modem or an ethernet connected router? The router is the
way to go, make sure everything has the latest drivers.

--
huLLy

Old August 19th 06, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"huLLy" wrote in message
Fatboy wrote:
I've swtiched over from Pipex to BT Broadband upto 8 Meg service on
the 17th.

Ever since then, the ADSL line keeps dropping every 10 mins or so.

Is this so my line can get the fastest speed for it?

Did you have MAX before you moved? If not, the line takes 10 days to
'train' your BRAS profile to determine your best possible speed. Expect it
to drop, resynch and do all sorts of horrible things for the next few
days.

Are you using a USB modem or an ethernet connected router? The router is
the way to go, make sure everything has the latest drivers.

Yes, i did have Max with Pipex...
Im useing the BT Home Hub.

Old August 19th 06, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Fatboy wrote:
Yes, i did have Max with Pipex...
Im useing the BT Home Hub.

Maybe there's a period of retraining when moving isps? I don't know.

Otherwise, report it as a line fault to your isp

--
huLLy

Old August 19th 06, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Are you using a USB modem or an ethernet connected router? The router is the
way to go, make sure everything has the latest drivers.

If its ethernet, he wont need drivers.

Dave

Old August 19th 06, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

gort wrote:
Are you using a USB modem or an ethernet connected router? The
router is the way to go, make sure everything has the latest drivers.

If its ethernet, he wont need drivers.

Dave

I meant firmware in the router
--
huLLy

Old August 19th 06, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

gort wrote:

Are you using a USB modem or an ethernet connected router? The router is the
way to go, make sure everything has the latest drivers.

If its ethernet, he wont need drivers.

I guess he could make sure he had the latest driver for the network card ! Not
exactly very likely to be an issue though.

Graham

Old August 19th 06, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I should say the connection is stable with my Speedtouch 330 USB modem...

Im thinking there is a fault with the BT Home Hub.. Has anyone else had
this?

Old August 19th 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Fatboy wrote on 19/08/2006 :
I should say the connection is stable with my Speedtouch 330 USB modem...

Im thinking there is a fault with the BT Home Hub.. Has anyone else had this?

No but the Speedtouch modem is known to be superb with noisy/long
lines.

Old August 19th 06, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Jono" wrote in message
yonder.com.co.uk...
Fatboy wrote on 19/08/2006 :
I should say the connection is stable with my Speedtouch 330 USB modem...

Im thinking there is a fault with the BT Home Hub.. Has anyone else had
this?

No but the Speedtouch modem is known to be superb with noisy/long lines.

I'm around 1.03 kilometres from your exchange (as the crow flies).