FreeCall 5 hour giveaway

Old August 20th 06, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default FreeCall 5 hour giveaway

I just received an email in French from Freecall (the Finarea/Betamax
people). I don't remember much French, so I went to the website and it
would appear they are giving 5 hours free calls.

To quote the site:
New: 5 HOURS of FREE CALLS to regular phones over the internet. Just
install the free FreeCall application, plug a headset in your PC and
start calling instantly.

more at: www.freecall.com

Old August 20th 06, 12:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"paul123" wrote
To quote the site:
New: 5 HOURS of FREE CALLS to regular phones over the internet. Just
install the free FreeCall application, plug a headset in your PC and
start calling instantly.

Voipcheap offers this anyway... permanently.

Yaz

Old August 20th 06, 12:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Yaz wrote:
"paul123" wrote
To quote the site:
New: 5 HOURS of FREE CALLS to regular phones over the internet. Just
install the free FreeCall application, plug a headset in your PC and
start calling instantly.

Voipcheap offers this anyway... permanently.

Uh huh, but you have to pay in credit, don't you? The freecall offer is
without paying in credit, as I read it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old August 20th 06, 04:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In message . com,
paul123 writes
I just received an email in French from Freecall (the Finarea/Betamax
people). I don't remember much French, so I went to the website and it
would appear they are giving 5 hours free calls.

To quote the site:
New: 5 HOURS of FREE CALLS to regular phones over the internet. Just
install the free FreeCall application, plug a headset in your PC and
start calling instantly.

more at: www.freecall.com

Betamax accounts used to come with 100 trial minutes. It appears
they've upped that under their FreeCall alias.

Fortunately all the Betamax diallers are small and co-exist on the same
PC quite happily.
--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877
Old August 20th 06, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"paul123" wrote Uh huh, but you have to pay in credit,
don't you? The freecall offer is
without paying in credit, as I read it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I use Voipcheap that offers the same FREE phone calls without credit. Tried
and it works.

Yaz

Old August 21st 06, 12:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Yaz wrote:
"paul123" wrote Uh huh, but you have to pay in credit,
don't you? The freecall offer is
without paying in credit, as I read it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I use Voipcheap that offers the same FREE phone calls without credit. Tried
and it works.

Sorry to be insistant, but is that free, unlimited (time on one call)
calls? How many calls have you made? I just seem to remember there was
a limit to the number of calls you could make before needing to cough
up credit.

Oh and is that voipcheap.co.uk or voipcheap.com?

Old August 21st 06, 12:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In message . com,
paul123 writes
Yaz wrote:
I use Voipcheap that offers the same FREE phone calls without credit. Tried
and it works.

Sorry to be insistant, but is that free, unlimited (time on one call)
calls? How many calls have you made? I just seem to remember there was
a limit to the number of calls you could make before needing to cough
up credit.

Oh and is that voipcheap.co.uk or voipcheap.com?

Good point.

Voipcheap.co.uk stopped working for me after I had made exactly 100
minutes of calls. The call I was on at the time was automatically
terminated.

There doesn't seem to be any technical reason why you can't simply
create a new account every time you run out of free minutes. But a
basic top-up of a tenner every four months hardly breaks the bank.
--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877
Old August 22nd 06, 01:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

paul123 wrote:
I just received an email in French from Freecall (the Finarea/Betamax
people). I don't remember much French, so I went to the website and it
would appear they are giving 5 hours free calls.

To quote the site:
New: 5 HOURS of FREE CALLS to regular phones over the internet. Just
install the free FreeCall application, plug a headset in your PC and
start calling instantly.

more at: www.freecall.com

Has anybody managed to get this to work using an ATA? The servers on
their instructions page seem a little strange to me (i.e. a STUN server
for registration). I've tried all combinations with no success.

Oldie

Old August 22nd 06, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Oldie wrote:
paul123 wrote:
I just received an email in French from Freecall (the Finarea/Betamax
people). I don't remember much French, so I went to the website and it
would appear they are giving 5 hours free calls.

To quote the site:
New: 5 HOURS of FREE CALLS to regular phones over the internet. Just
install the free FreeCall application, plug a headset in your PC and
start calling instantly.

more at: www.freecall.com

Has anybody managed to get this to work using an ATA? The servers on
their instructions page seem a little strange to me (i.e. a STUN server
for registration). I've tried all combinations with no success.

What ATA do you have? try searching this group or the web for the name
of your ATA + any of the following ('cos they'll probably all work by
just adjusting username and password) - voipstunt, voipbuster,
sipdiscount, voipdiscount, internetcalls etc - as they are all from the
same company their configs are pretty much interchangable.

Old August 23rd 06, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

(earlier postings snipped)

Has anybody managed to get this to work using an ATA? The servers on
their instructions page seem a little strange to me (i.e. a STUN server
for registration). I've tried all combinations with no success.

What ATA do you have? try searching this group or the web for the name
of your ATA + any of the following ('cos they'll probably all work by
just adjusting username and password) - voipstunt, voipbuster,
sipdiscount, voipdiscount, internetcalls etc - as they are all from the
same company their configs are pretty much interchangable.

It's not a question of the ATA; actually I wanted to register it with
Voxalot so that I can use their mobile callback service (one leg with
Voipdiscount, the other with Freecall) as they don't usually like it if
you run two such concurrent calls on one account.

Anyway I ignored the recommended settings on their website and used
sip.voipstunt.com as you suggested. It worked, so thanks for that. Now
to see if I can set up a call with the two services on different legs.
.. .

Oldie