Netgear DG814 and ADSL Max

Old August 20th 06, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Netgear DG814 and ADSL Max

Will this router, with the latest available firmware, support the new
ADSL Max service?
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)
Old August 20th 06, 06:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Les Desser wrote:

Will this router, with the latest available firmware, support the new
ADSL Max service?

No hands on, sorry, but most routers from 3+ years ago have a spec to be
able to cope with "up to 8000 kbps" and the one I'm using this minute, that
was bought in the spring of 2002, an old 'DabsValue' model, is showing the
sync speeds as 8128 (down) and 448 (up).
Old August 20th 06, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Les Desser wrote:

Will this router, with the latest available firmware, support the
new ADSL Max service?

Mine does (4.10), although I'm running at 6000kbps with interleave on.
Initial sync was about 7300 with interleave off, but I assume line
noise necessitated the reduction rather than any problems with the
router.

--
K A Nuttall
www.yammer.co.uk
Old August 20th 06, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In article , K A Nuttall
Sun, 20 Aug 2006 17:43:44 writes

Les Desser wrote:

Will this router, with the latest available firmware, support the
new ADSL Max service?

Mine does (4.10),

Same here

although I'm running at 6000kbps with interleave on.
Initial sync was about 7300 with interleave off, but I assume line
noise necessitated the reduction rather than any problems with the
router.

Thanks - will wait and see what happens when conversion happens.