Wireless Dialup Modem

Old August 20th 06, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Wireless Dialup Modem

Is there such a thing as a Wireless Dialup (ie non ADSL) Modem.

We have a holiday home where we do not stay long enough in to install
broadband.

When we go I take my Nokia N80. We also have a Nintendo DS Lite for which I
intend to buy the Opera Browser when it is out later this year.

If I had a Wireless Dialup Modem I could connect both to the internet to
check emails, surf etc albeit slowly!

I have found a Bluetooth Dialup Modem but the Nintendo does not have
Bluetooth.

Old August 21st 06, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:
Is there such a thing as a Wireless Dialup (ie non ADSL) Modem.

We have a holiday home where we do not stay long enough in to install
broadband.

When we go I take my Nokia N80. We also have a Nintendo DS Lite for
which I intend to buy the Opera Browser when it is out later this
year.
If I had a Wireless Dialup Modem I could connect both to the internet
to check emails, surf etc albeit slowly!

I have found a Bluetooth Dialup Modem but the Nintendo does not have
Bluetooth.

I have seen a DECT modem in the past available from CPC, it doesn't appear
in their current catalouge, only as you have found a Bluetooth modem.

You could try this one, http://mpr.mobiles.co.uk/dect-bt-on-air-1800.html a
bit pricey though at 79.99
--
Adrian