voip devices broadcast id?

Old August 20th 06, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default voip devices broadcast id?

Okay, need a little help here.

Bear with me.

Do voip devices broadcast what they are to the provider? As in, will
my snom tell the provider its and snom, and my xten tell them its an
xten?

IF they do, is it possible to change this?

I would be wanting to change my trixbox outgoing ID to sonething
different.

Just trying to work a problem out with my provider you see.

Help much appreciated.

Matt
---
External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com
Old August 20th 06, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"mattpark" wrote
in message
Okay, need a little help here.

Bear with me.

Do voip devices broadcast what they are to the provider?
As in, will my snom tell the provider its and snom, and
my xten tell them its an xten?

Yes.

IF they do, is it possible to change this?

I don't know.

I would be wanting to change my trixbox outgoing ID to
sonething different.

What do you mean by ID..? Why would you want someone to think you're using
say a Sipura when you're using something else..? Or is that not what you
mean..?

Just trying to work a problem out with my provider you
see.

What sort of problem..?

More info, more help..!

Ivor

Old August 20th 06, 08:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

mattpark wrote:

I would be wanting to change my trixbox outgoing ID to sonething
different.

Just trying to work a problem out with my provider you see.

This is called the User-Agent. As Trixbox is based on Asterisk you can
change the User-Agent by specifying

useragent=MY NEW USERAGENT

in the [general] section of sip.conf.

Regards