wireless router/modem

Old August 21st 06, 09:17 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default wireless router/modem

hi,
I'm new in the group and in the UK as well and I need a piece of advice.
In a week I will have broadband delivered from Tiscali. They'll give me an
adsl modem. Unfortunately my PC and a telephone socket are away from each
other and it seems I cannot use a cable.
So I want to use a a wireless router/modem instead of the modem I'll get
from Tiscali. Can you advise me, pls, what product I should buy (and a
wireless network pci card, too)?
Thx.

--
regards
Zawias

Old August 22nd 06, 01:20 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

In message , Zawias
writes
hi,
I'm new in the group and in the UK as well and I need a piece of advice.
In a week I will have broadband delivered from Tiscali. They'll give me an
adsl modem. Unfortunately my PC and a telephone socket are away from each
other and it seems I cannot use a cable.
So I want to use a a wireless router/modem instead of the modem I'll get
from Tiscali. Can you advise me, pls, what product I should buy (and a
wireless network pci card, too)?
Thx.

I am looking around a wireless router/modem just now too.

Between "Which", PCPro and asking on usenet I'm still not much the wiser
as to which is the best brand.

This product gets a good writeup by PCpro
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000F29I60
(but not by Amazon readers)

any recommendations are appreciated.

thanks

--
Craig Cockburn ("coburn"). M.Sc., CITP, CEng
Owner, http://www.siliconglen.com/
Old August 22nd 06, 07:19 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Craig Cockburn wrote:
[...]

The 3Com ones from Misco (About 47) work well and are dead easy to set
up with Tiscali. Sometimes they are on offer with free PCI and/or usb
wireless thingies.
Old August 22nd 06, 09:17 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

RobD wrote:
The 3Com ones from Misco (About 47) work well and are dead easy to
set up with Tiscali. Sometimes they are on offer with free PCI and/or
usb wireless thingies.

thx much
--
regards