Which one to try?

Old August 21st 06, 02:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Which one to try?

Hi
My daughter is looking for a decent inclusive package for
broadband and telephone calls. She lives in Newcastle Upon Tyne but
her exchange doesn't appear to be totally unbundled as the only one on
offer is Easynet. What she is looking for is broadband, evening and
weekend calls and reduced rate to mobiles. I have suggested broadband
with a decent VoIp package but we don't know which way to go. Any
advice on which provider? Your help would be appreciated.

Ian

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0633-4, 18/08/2006
Tested on: 21/08/2006 14:28:47

Old August 21st 06, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Ian Pollard" wrote in message
: Hi
: My daughter is looking for a decent inclusive package for
: broadband and telephone calls. She lives in Newcastle Upon Tyne but
: her exchange doesn't appear to be totally unbundled as the only one on
: offer is Easynet. What she is looking for is broadband, evening and
: weekend calls and reduced rate to mobiles. I have suggested broadband
: with a decent VoIp package but we don't know which way to go. Any
: advice on which provider? Your help would be appreciated.
:
: Ian
:
:
: ---
: avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
: Virus Database (VPS): 0633-4, 18/08/2006
: Tested on: 21/08/2006 14:28:47
: avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2006 ALWIL Software.

You could take a look at plusnet I have used them for sometime now with out
any problem,I must add some have had problem with them and will let you know
the in's and out's.

Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://host.kick-butt.co.uk

Old August 22nd 06, 06:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Joker7" wrote:

I must add some have had problem with them and will let you know
the in's and out's.

Hardly a way to recommend a service - someone decided to switch back from
the landline service and was temporarily left in limbo with no dial tone.

Given there are joining and cancellation fees, and the combined packages
may have lengthy contracts, the daughter might be better off getting a
one year connection from NDO/NamesCo for just 60 pounds (which also
gets her a 1-port router, hers to keep) and stick with BT.

Use some of the indirect access (eg 18185, 1899) type service for calls
costing under 5p to landlines for up to 3 hours (0p/min) and then these
"inclusive calls" deals no longer look such good value.

Old August 22nd 06, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

NoNeedToKnow wrote:

Use some of the indirect access (eg 18185, 1899)

Interesting newsgroup post over in uk.telecom listing various charges.
Worth using Google Groupsfor old newsgroup posts on Orchid dialler
so a suitable prefix can be dialled depending on the number...