new user using voipstunt in uk

Old August 22nd 06, 09:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default new user using voipstunt in uk

Hi I am a new user to this service in uk and have just topped up my credit
after an initial load of free calls.

Q1.The rates state Uk landline free on offer but doesn't appear to tell you
how much per min usually????

Q2. I am using it through pc headset that is very good. I would like to set
this up with a cordless Voip phone. What do I need to purchase please? And
is it easy to set up?

Many thanks.

Very pleased so far as a novice :-)

Andy

Old August 22nd 06, 09:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Andy E" wrote in message
Hi I am a new user to this service in uk and have just topped up my credit
after an initial load of free calls.

Q1.The rates state Uk landline free on offer but doesn't appear to tell
you how much per min usually????

Q2. I am using it through pc headset that is very good. I would like to
set this up with a cordless Voip phone. What do I need to purchase
please? And is it easy to set up?

Buy an Sipura SPA3000 or SPA3102.

Yaz

Old August 22nd 06, 09:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Andy E (nospam) wrote:
Hi I am a new user to this service in uk and have just topped up my credit
after an initial load of free calls.

Q1.The rates state Uk landline free on offer but doesn't appear to tell you
how much per min usually????

Free until further notice, I've been using them (free) since December
2005, just after voipbuster started charging for UK calls. When
voipbuster stopped the free calls to UK, they went to 1cent/min.
(voipbuster and voipstunt are both part of the Betamax stable)

Q2. I am using it through pc headset that is very good. I would like to set
this up with a cordless Voip phone. What do I need to purchase please?

If you want to incorporate your landline and voip in one DECT handset,
the Spa3000 or 3012 would be ideal. If you want a separate DECT phone
just for voip, you could get a cheaper adaptor like spa1001, etc. With
these adaptors you plug them into your router.

If you're just using an ADSL/cable modem, you'll have to buy a router.,
in which case you might want to consider a voip capable router. There
are lots on the market. Linksys, Thomson and AVMFritz!Box are some
manufacturers to look at.

A cordless voip phone, or wifi voipphone is an option, though,
personally, I think the DECT option plugged into an adaptor is the way
to go. A UTS F3000 WiFi IP Phone is an example of these. These devices
also plug into a router.

Old August 22nd 06, 01:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh paul123:
Andy E (nospam) wrote:
Hi I am a new user to this service in uk and have just topped up my
credit after an initial load of free calls.

Q2. I am using it through pc headset that is very good. I would like
to set this up with a cordless Voip phone. What do I need to
purchase please?

If you want to incorporate your landline and voip in one DECT handset,
the Spa3000 or 3012 would be ideal. If you want a separate DECT phone
just for voip, you could get a cheaper adaptor like spa1001, etc. With
these adaptors you plug them into your router.

Or the very excellent Linksys PAP2 (not Vonage locked), this if you only
need to attach phones to use VoIP and not need to use your regular
landline, attaches to your router.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old August 23rd 06, 10:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

thank you for your replies, will purchase soon, thanks.

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
k...
Thus spaketh paul123: