Trixbox - Having another go!

Old August 22nd 06, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Trixbox - Having another go!

Having wiped XP off a perfectly good PC and loaded the Linux ISO I failed
miserably to get Trixbox working. The box sits redundant in the corner :-)

Encouraged by earlier posts I decided to have a go with the Nerdvittles
pre-configured Trixbox running on the virtual machine on my own XP machine.
I followed the instructions and everything is loaded up OK.

My router is a Speedtouch 716G and I've successfully set up extns 500 and
501 on the analogue ports. I can call and talk OK between phones. OK, next
step talk to the outside world. I built a new trunk and put in the details
for my Voiptalk (SIP) account. I then put a route in with a dial pattern of
X. for voiptalk and in the incoming routes I've set it so that for any CLI
calls will go to 500.

2 problems: The first is - I can dial out OK but when the call is answered
they can hear me but I can't hear them. I assume this is a Router issue?
I've put the Trixbox machine in the DMZ and set up IP filtering to allow IP
filtering as follows;

Source IP Dest IP Port Start Port End
All All 5004 5069
All All 49152 65535
All All 10001 20000
All All 4569 4569

I've entered the above for both TCP and UDP, Incoming and Outgoing.

Any ideas on where I've gone wrong?

The second problem is that I can't get any incoming calls on the Voiptalk
number - they go straight to Voiptalk voicemail. My settings in FreePBX are
as follows;

Trunk Name Voiptalk

Host=voiptalk.org
secret=my voiptalk password
type=peer
username=844*****

Incoming settings

User context 844*****

User Details:
context=from-trunk
secret=my voiptalk password
type=user

Registration
Register string: 844*****:my voiptalk

I'll be very grateful for any help you can give.

TIA

Liam

Old August 22nd 06, 05:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Telephoneman wrote:
[...]

Hey Liam,
this thread is where I posted my voiptalk settings. There might be one
or two other little tweaks necessay but try them.
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.te...756 fba793790
for outbound routing (and there are lots of ways todo this):
setup a route with dial pattern=
0044|.
0|[1278]XXXXXXXXX
00.