Sipgate - local calls?

Old August 22nd 06, 04:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Sipgate - local calls?

Excuse my ignorance - I know that outgoing calls from my Sipgate
account are as per published tarrif - but are calls into my geographic
number local calls to the caller regardless of where they are in the
UK?.... or do they still pay the relevant rate as set by their service
provider?

Thanks

Mick

Old August 22nd 06, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Mick" wrote in message

Excuse my ignorance - I know that outgoing calls from my
Sipgate account are as per published tarrif - but are
calls into my geographic number local calls to the caller
regardless of where they are in the UK?.... or do they
still pay the relevant rate as set by their service
provider?

The caller is charged whatever their normal rate to 01/02 numbers is. This
is usually (but not always) irrespective of where they are in the UK, but
they would have to check with their service provider.

Ivor

Old August 22nd 06, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh Mick:
Excuse my ignorance - I know that outgoing calls from my Sipgate
account are as per published tarrif - but are calls into my geographic
number local calls to the caller regardless of where they are in the
UK?.... or do they still pay the relevant rate as set by their service
provider?

Thanks

Mick

Depends on what service provider they use to call the number, virtually
all providers charge the same for calls to 'local' 01 and 02 numbers as
they do to 'national' 01 and 02 numbers.

For example BT evening and weekend charges 5.5p for the first hour to
call 01 and 02 numbers whether they are to the next door neighbour or
someone 200 miles away.

Primus 2 Saver doesn't charge for evening and weekend calls to 01 and 02
numbers unless the call is over 90mins.

1899 charges 3p for the entire 01 or 02 call whether it is 'local' or
'national'.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old August 22nd 06, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Mick wrote:

Excuse my ignorance - I know that outgoing calls from my Sipgate
account are as per published tarrif - but are calls into my geographic
number local calls to the caller regardless of where they are in the
UK?.... or do they still pay the relevant rate as set by their service
provider?

Anyone making any telephone call ever, pays the relevant rate as set by
their service provider.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
18:22:47 up 28 days, 23:45, 3 users, load average: 0.03, 0.07, 0.16