VoIP extension for remote PABX user

Old August 22nd 06, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default VoIP extension for remote PABX user

Hello all,

I need to set up an extension on a PABX for a remote user.

The cost of the proprietory VoIP cards for the system outweighs any
savings, so I was wondering what my alternatives are.

I'm thinking along the following lines:

1 X SPA3000 at the office, connected to an analogue extension port &
obviously the internet.

1 x SPA1001 (or SIP Phone) at the remote user's location.

Is there better equipment suited to this, which would allow someone at
the office to dial a 3 digit internal extension number and the call be
automagically transfered to the remote end user's phone?

Would it be configurable for the end user to dial out on the office
lines? (Of course it would, I hear you say!)

Would I need a third party ITSP to register with? I assume this might
be the easiest way because both units would be behind a router.

Thanks.

Old August 23rd 06, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Jono wrote:
[...]

I looked into this a little while ago and found info he
http://www.provu.co.uk/support.html
under "Sipura Self-help guides".

In short, you can do this, and the guides show you how.

The end-user should be able to dial any number, including
trunk access codes. The guide recommends implementing
security so that other SIP users don't do the same - maybe
the routers will be secure enough.

I'm not so sure the remote user would be able to access
in-call PABX features, such as call transfer. That would
depend on successful transmission of the hook-flash
(recall). Maybe it would work using a dial-string instead.

It isn't necessary to register if you use direct IP
addressing, but if the routers make that impossible, then an
external proxy may be required. The pdf guide shows how to
do it either way.
http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/pb...sion_setup.pdf