Netgear DG834G losing wireless

Old August 22nd 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Netgear DG834G losing wireless

Had my Netgear DG834G router for about 2 years and its never given me any
problems.

But today, for some reason, I keep losing the wireless connection to the
router and can't figure out why.

When the connection is lost and I do a search for all wireless connections I
don't see my router, and it stays this way for several minutes, and drops
say every 30-60mins.

How do I diagnose the issue and resolve it permanently?

Thanks

Old August 23rd 06, 07:43 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"Anthony R. Gold" wrote in message
| On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:43:09 +0100, "ScoobyDoo"
| wrote:
|
| When the connection is lost and I do a search for all wireless connections I
| don't see my router, and it stays this way for several minutes, and drops
| say every 30-60mins.
|
| How do I diagnose the issue and resolve it permanently?
|
| I have found the DG834G to be sensitive to strong wireless signals with
| exactly this symptom. Do you have any other wireless equipment within say
| 1.5 metres of it, such as a cordless phone base or computer with wireless
| card?
|
| Tony

You got the wireless to work on it for as long as two years! You lucky man!!!!

Old August 24th 06, 01:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

:

wrote:

When the connection is lost and I do a search for all wireless
connections I don't see my router, and it stays this way for
several minutes, and drops say every 30-60mins.

How do I diagnose the issue and resolve it permanently?

I have found the DG834G to be sensitive to strong wireless signals
with exactly this symptom. Do you have any other wireless equipment
within say
1.5 metres of it, such as a cordless phone base or computer with
wireless card?

Tony

You got the wireless to work on it for as long as two years! You
lucky man!!!!

My DG834G has worked perfectly for about two years. I have intermittent
problems with my Netgear WG511 laptop card losing the ability to ping the
router and the outside world, despite showing good signal strength - always
for exactly one minute - but comparison with a second PC that has a built-in
wireless adaptor shows that it's the card rather the router that's at fault.

I think I've only had to reboot the router once because of a wireless
problem. In between times it runs for several hundred hours without any
problems.