Orange Livebox Phone Adaptor - Help

Old August 22nd 06, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband

Default Orange Livebox Phone Adaptor - Help

I've just signed up for free Orange Broadband (free that is provided
you spend 30 quid a month on a mobile).

Their Livebox came with a phone adaptor which basically seems to allow
a normal telephone to plug in one end and the other to plug into a
standard Ethernet socket on their Livebox so you can then make free
VOIP calls.

Our cat took a liking to this adaptor and was last seen running out the
house with it hanging from his mouth.

I've tried the Orange shop but they don't seem to sell them.

Does anyone know if this is some sort of standard adaptor that I could
buy anywhere or just somewhere?

Old August 22nd 06, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband

allan tracy wrote:
I've just signed up for free Orange Broadband (free that is provided
you spend 30 quid a month on a mobile).

Their Livebox came with a phone adaptor which basically seems to allow
a normal telephone to plug in one end and the other to plug into a
standard Ethernet socket on their Livebox so you can then make free
VOIP calls.

Its an RJ11 socket on the box apparently - no expert.

Old August 22nd 06, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband

allan tracy explained on 22/08/2006 :

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=2370

Old August 22nd 06, 09:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband

Its an RJ11 socket on the box apparently - no expert.

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=2370

Cheers.

Thanks a bundle.

Will get one for the cat as well.

Old August 22nd 06, 11:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband

"allan tracy" wrote in
message
oups.com
I've just signed up for free Orange Broadband (free that
is provided you spend 30 quid a month on a mobile).

Their Livebox came with a phone adaptor which basically
seems to allow a normal telephone to plug in one end and
the other to plug into a standard Ethernet socket on
their Livebox so you can then make free VOIP calls.

Our cat took a liking to this adaptor and was last seen
running out the house with it hanging from his mouth.

Oh dear ;-)

My cat's never tried *that* particular one..! How did he/she unplug it..?!

I've tried the Orange shop but they don't seem to sell
them.

Does anyone know if this is some sort of standard adaptor
that I could buy anywhere or just somewhere?

I can't see why you shouldn't be able to use any ATA, as long as you have
the required settings.

Ivor

Old August 22nd 06, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband

on 22/08/2006, Ivor Jones supposed :
"allan tracy" wrote in
message
oups.com
[...]

It'd likely be a big cat to run off with an ATA! I thought he meant the
BT-RJ11 adapter

Old August 23rd 06, 12:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband

"Jono" wrote
in message
yonder.com.co.uk

[snip]

It'd likely be a big cat to run off with an ATA! I
thought he meant the BT-RJ11 adapter

Yes, I see that now..! But the question remains, how did said moggy unplug
it..?!

Oops must go, my 13lb furry lump has just come in and is demanding FOOD..!

Ivor (a.k.a. Cat Slave..!)

Old August 24th 06, 09:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband

Yes, I see that now..! But the question remains, how did said moggy unplug
it..?!

Good question - but unplug it he did and we can't find it anywhere.

Old August 24th 06, 10:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband

allan tracy wrote:
Yes, I see that now..! But the question remains, how did said moggy
unplug it..?!

Good question - but unplug it he did and we can't find it anywhere.

You sure it wasn't a fat tabby cat from East Leake

(in joke which only a very small minority may appreciate, but had to
be said)