Setting time on SPA3012

Old August 23rd 06, 10:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Setting time on SPA3012

My old SPA3000 keeps correct time via the time-server settings I have
entered.

On a new SPA3012 I have used the same time-servers but the time is 8
hours slow. There must be some time-zone setting somewhere but I cannot
find it.

Any ideas please.
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)
Old August 23rd 06, 12:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 2006-08-23, Les Desser wrote:

My old SPA3000 keeps correct time via the time-server settings I have
entered.

On a new SPA3012 I have used the same time-servers but the time is 8
hours slow. There must be some time-zone setting somewhere but I cannot
find it.

SPA3102? Have you tried Miscellaneous under the Regional tab?

Brian.
Old August 23rd 06, 12:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Les Desser wrote:
My old SPA3000 keeps correct time via the time-server settings I have
entered.

On a new SPA3012 I have used the same time-servers but the time is 8
hours slow. There must be some time-zone setting somewhere but I cannot
find it.

Any ideas please.

Try going to http://ip-of-spa/admin/advanced and clicking on the
"Regional" tab. - The timezone info is near the bottom in the
"Miscellaneous" section.

These instructions work on a PAP2, but hopefully Linksys have some kind
of continuity in place for simple things like that between the models.

hth

--
Martyn Dewar
E: newsreply(at)dont-spam.me.uk
Old August 23rd 06, 02:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In article , Martyn Dewar
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:22:36 writes

Try going to http://ip-of-spa/admin/advanced and clicking on the
"Regional" tab. - The timezone info is near the bottom in the
"Miscellaneous" section.

Thank you, and Brian. I expected to see it in the Router rather than
the Voice section.

Now set to GMT.
-----------

Just trying to work out the meaning of Daylight Saving Time rule.

The old one has

start=4/-1/7;end=10/1/7;save=1

and time is correct showing BST.

The new one has

start=4/1/7;end=10/-1/7;save=1

and again the time is correct BST

I don't understand what the Daylight Saving Time rule means.
Old August 23rd 06, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 2006-08-23, Les Desser wrote:

In article , Martyn Dewar
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:22:36 writes

Try going to http://ip-of-spa/admin/advanced and clicking on the
"Regional" tab. - The timezone info is near the bottom in the
"Miscellaneous" section.

Thank you, and Brian. I expected to see it in the Router rather than
the Voice section.

Now set to GMT.
-----------

Just trying to work out the meaning of Daylight Saving Time rule.

The old one has

start=4/-1/7;end=10/1/7;save=1

and time is correct showing BST.

The new one has

start=4/1/7;end=10/-1/7;save=1

and again the time is correct BST

I don't understand what the Daylight Saving Time rule means.

This was written especially for you then. Have fun devising a rule for
the UK.

http://www.sipura.com/Documents/faq/Section_5.html

Brian.
Old August 23rd 06, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In article , Brian
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:21:30 writes

This was written especially for you then. Have fun devising a rule for
the UK.

http://www.sipura.com/Documents/faq/Section_5.html

I make it the following for the UK

start=3/-1/6/23:59:59;end=10/-1/6/23:59:59;save=1

As far as I remember summer time starts at 2am following the last
Saturday in March and ends at 3am following the last Saturday in
October.

The permitted values will not allow, as far as I can see, to specify
that accurately. 3/-1/7/02:00:00 means 2am on the last Sunday in March
which is not the same thing.

So my suggestion for the nearest match is a minute before midnight on
the last Saturday of March and October.
Old August 24th 06, 09:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In message of Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Les Desser writes
In article , Martyn Dewar
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:22:36 writes

Try going to http://ip-of-spa/admin/advanced and clicking on the
"Regional" tab. - The timezone info is near the bottom in the
"Miscellaneous" section.

Thank you, and Brian. I expected to see it in the Router rather than
the Voice section.

Now set to GMT.
-----------

Just trying to work out the meaning of Daylight Saving Time rule.

The old one has

start=4/-1/7;end=10/1/7;save=1

This one starts on the last Sunday in April and finishes on the first
Sunday in October and so is not correct.

The new one has

start=4/1/7;end=10/-1/7;save=1

Also incorrect as it starts on the 1st Sunday in April and ends on the
last Sunday in October.

and again the time is correct BST

Well it would be at this point in time, but neither would change to
winter time at the right time. Also neither of the ones you show has a
start time (i.e.2am)

I don't understand what the Daylight Saving Time rule means.

The correct one for UK is:

start=3/-1/7/2;end=10/-1/7/2;save=1

i.e. Last Sunday in March at 2am to last Sunday in October at 2am

M/W/D/T
M = Month
W = Week number (negative number is working back from end of month)
D = Day of Week (1 = Monday)
T = Time of D(ay) for change to take place

HTH
David
Old August 24th 06, 09:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In message of Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Les Desser writes
In article , Brian
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:21:30 writes

This was written especially for you then. Have fun devising a rule for
the UK.

http://www.sipura.com/Documents/faq/Section_5.html

I make it the following for the UK

start=3/-1/6/23:59:59;end=10/-1/6/23:59:59;save=1

As far as I remember summer time starts at 2am following the last
Saturday in March and ends at 3am following the last Saturday in
October.

That is no longer the case. To fall in line with Europe it has been
(since 1994) the last Sunday on March to last Sunday in October. My
other post is slightly incorrect as the change takes place at 1amGMT.
That changed from 2amGMT in 1981.

David
Old August 24th 06, 09:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In article , David Floyd
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:17:44 writes

I make it the following for the UK

start=3/-1/6/23:59:59;end=10/-1/6/23:59:59;save=1

As far as I remember summer time starts at 2am following the last
Saturday in March and ends at 3am following the last Saturday in
October.

That is no longer the case. To fall in line with Europe it has been (since
1994) the last Sunday on March to last Sunday in October. My other
post is slightly incorrect as the change takes place at 1amGMT. That
changed from 2amGMT in 1981.

Thank you for the correction. So if the last day of the month is
Saturday, the changeover will be the previous Sunday

In that case I make the setting

start=3/-1/7/01:00:00;end=10/-1/7/02:00:00;save=1
Old August 24th 06, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In article , David Floyd
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:17:44 writes

My other post is slightly incorrect as the change takes place at
1amGMT. That changed from 2amGMT in 1981.

I saw this post before your first one.

I understand the change is at 1am in March and 2am in Oct - i.e. always
at 1am GMT.

http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/uksumtim.htm#BST