ADSL + phone package on a new connection

Old August 23rd 06, 11:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default ADSL + phone package on a new connection

I have a disconnected BT phone line (hence no number). I want to go for
a combined broadband and phone line package.

Most providers say "BT connected line required. What is the current
number?". End of story.

However, bulldog will happily take a postal address for the line and
issue you with a new number on a newly connected line for their
ADSL/phone package.
(This appears to avoid the BT reconnection fuss and subsequent 12 month
contract with them before being able to move over to another supplier).

Does anyone else know of any providers who are accepting *new* line
connections for combination packages?

(Or an alterative way to get the likes of "talk, talk" onto a currently
disconnected line with minimal outlay and BT fuss).

T.

Old August 23rd 06, 12:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:

I want to go for
a combined broadband and phone line package.

Because it's cheap ?

Just don't expect great results.

Graham

Old August 23rd 06, 12:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

BC wrote:

BT reconnections are subject to three months line rental contract

isn't there an 18 pounds 'get out' penalty within those three months?

Old August 23rd 06, 01:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Darren wrote:

wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

I thought some of the non-BT outfits want an 18 month contract actually.

Graham

Old August 23rd 06, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Sorry, I meant 12 months with BT before switching. Others have
corrected me on this point.

T.

Old August 23rd 06, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:
Sorry, I meant 12 months with BT before switching. Others have
corrected me on this point.

Sorry to rock your boat but aren't Bulldog not taking on anymore
'retail'/front end customers.

Old August 23rd 06, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have a disconnected BT phone line (hence no number). I want to go for
a combined broadband and phone line package.

Most providers say "BT connected line required. What is the current
number?". End of story.

However, bulldog will happily take a postal address for the line and
issue you with a new number on a newly connected line for their
ADSL/phone package.
(This appears to avoid the BT reconnection fuss and subsequent 12 month
contract with them before being able to move over to another supplier).

Does anyone else know of any providers who are accepting *new* line
connections for combination packages?

(Or an alterative way to get the likes of "talk, talk" onto a currently
disconnected line with minimal outlay and BT fuss).

T.

What reconnection fuss? BT connected my line within a few days, called me
to say it was on, sent me a letter etc. Very fast and no messing about.
I aways found them excellent to deal with compared to the cowboy cable
companies.