Extending Wireless Range

Old August 23rd 06, 03:26 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Extending Wireless Range

Hi

I want to extend the range of my BTVoyager 2000. I currently live in a
small house at the end of my neighboughs garden. I have no phone line
and can only just pick up my routers signal in the top window. I want
to be able to get it all over the house. I have tried buying a DLink
DWL G710 range extender but failed to get it working with the
BTVoyager. I spent a fair amount of time trying all the different
options and then spent a further 1 1/2 hours on the phone to Dlink
before they told me it was incompatable. I am trying to get hold of a
Hawking range extender but remain unconvinced that I am not going to
have to buy a new ADSL modem router.

So I have two questions.

Does anyone know what extenders would be compatable with the BTVoyager
2000?
and if i can't find a compatble extender what would be the best set up
if I was going to buy a new adsl modem router and a range extender.

BTW I also want to run voip through the extender.

Thanks for help

Max

Old August 24th 06, 02:23 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Use a USB wireless adaptor with a homebuilt parabolic aerial.

MJP

Old August 25th 06, 12:04 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

I dont want to be tied to wires. I need a wireless solution. I could
get an aerial but boosting the signal to single point is not the
problem. I can get a signal in the upstairs window but I want a decent
wirless signall all over the house.

Any clues on signal boosting and repeating.

Max