Freecalls - 5 Free Hours - Which quickly reduces to about 5 minutes! lol

Old August 23rd 06, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Freecalls - 5 Free Hours - Which quickly reduces to about 5 minutes! lol

Hi,

Interested by the earlier post of paul 123 - "FreeCall 5 hour giveaway" I
thought I would try Finarea / Betamax's latest offering.

Enjoyably it appeared to work as might be hoped for the first few calls
(over 1 minute duration, permitted direct calls [bi-directionally PSTN -
FreeCall - PSTN], etc.). However, quite soon the calls were refused (total
call time used believed to be ~ 5 minutes total) and I was offered to be
redirected to the website to buy credit ! (Perhaps it is a typo - 5 minutes
free rather than hours ! - lol!).

In any event, a subsequent account created did re-permit free calls -
however now limited to 1 minute duration max. (and after a total of about 5
minutes no more free calls were permitted!).

Hence, it seems to me that whatever the hopes may be about this trial offer
/ etc. it actually amounts to little or no more than the previous offerings.

What is the current best deal for "unlimited" UK landline calls (whether
VoIP or PSTN service)? I am looking for something probably sub 5 per month
(preferably substantially sub that mark).

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old August 23rd 06, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

News Reader wrote:
[...]

I have just started using http://www.freetalk.co.uk/ @ 6.99 p/month
unlimited UK landline/National calls. subject to re-dialing @ 60 mins.

Well happy with it. Quality is good, no drop outs etc.
http://www.freetalk.co.uk/

Old August 23rd 06, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

News Reader wrote:
[...]

yes, strange things happening there..... Certainly aint doing what it's
supposed to.

Old August 24th 06, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"News Reader" wrote in message

Hi,

Thanks for your input / posts.

Best wishes,