SIPDiscount CallerID

Old August 23rd 06, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default SIPDiscount CallerID

Using SIPDiscount for outgoing calls sometimes results in the SIPDiscount
VoIPin number being presented to the callee (sometimes they get CID
withheld or CID unknown). For consistency, I would like to withhold the
number always. I am using asterisk 1.2.10, and have tried changing the
sip.conf callerid with no success.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Other than that, will sipdiscount accept 2 different registrations from
the same IP address? (I could set up a second account without a VoIPin
number for CID unknown).

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk

Old August 23rd 06, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Ron Wellsted wrote on 23/08/2006 :
Using SIPDiscount for outgoing calls sometimes results in the SIPDiscount
VoIPin number being presented to the callee (sometimes they get CID
withheld or CID unknown). For consistency, I would like to withhold the
number always. I am using asterisk 1.2.10, and have tried changing the
sip.conf callerid with no success.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Other than that, will sipdiscount accept 2 different registrations from
the same IP address? (I could set up a second account without a VoIPin
number for CID unknown).

If I were you, I'd open another account. If they're still offering VoIP
in numbers, simply choose not to "buy" one. Problem solved.

Old August 23rd 06, 10:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Ron Wellsted" wrote in message
news
Other than that, will sipdiscount accept 2 different registrations from
the same IP address? (I could set up a second account without a VoIPin
number for CID unknown).

Yes, I believe so
I am registered to 3 services (sparvoip.de, sipdiscount.com, voipcheap.com)
with the same IP, all of them are pointing to the same Finarea server (with
different user-id's). Working fine
On the first account I have a german VoipIN nr, on the second a dutch VoipIN
nr, and the 3th one without.
Outgoing calls on the 3th account are of course without CID

Philippe, Belgium

sipdiscount uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 1 January 5th 06 06:52 PM
Sipdiscount PhilÅ uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 4 December 28th 05 12:52 AM
Sipdiscount Help Please PhilÅ uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 7 December 13th 05 10:55 AM
Sipdiscount on ATA anyone ? Martin² uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 21 November 14th 05 01:45 PM
Cisco ATA 186 CallerID TheBoy uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 4 May 15th 05 01:27 PM